Being a successful veterinarian is not easy to achieve. For the determined ones, all the necessary efforts are given just to meet the goal of being successful in the field. Most of the time, the quality of the veterinary school is a large factor for the attainment of the objective.
Indeed, a lot of schools are offering a veterinary degree nowadays. In fact, they have sprouted like mushrooms. However, if you are really determined to get an excellent veterinary training, you should submit your application for admissions to the best schools in the list.
So if you are looking for a good veterinary college for your veterinary degree, then you may check this list. Here are some of the best veterinary schools in the United States.
- Cornell University
- Colorado State University
- University of Pennsylvania
- North Carolina State University
- Texas A&M University
- Michigan State
- Ohio State University
- University of Wisconsin
- University of Florida
- University of Georgia
These are just a few of the best options for veterinary science education. In the first place, why is it beneficial to be in a veterinary college that offers best education veterinary students can get?
For example, when you take a veterinary science course at Cornell University, you will get these benefits over the graduates of other schools:
- The education veterinary students get from them is definitely more extensive
- The students are exposed to high quality facilities
- They are given more opportunities to hands-on training
- The name of the school is a good selling point when looking for a job
However, it doesn’t mean that when a school is not on the list of the best schools, it is no longer good to send an application to them. As long as the school is given accreditations, the program that they are offering has passed the standards of veterinary education thus worthy of student admissions.
In fact, the Association of American Veterinary Medical Colleges does not recognize the rankings of best schools. They state that all the 28 schools that offer veterinary programs in the US are accredited. Therefore, it is assured that all schools give a quality education to their students.
Other schools that offer a veterinary degree in the US are:
- Auburn University
- Iowa State University
- Kansas State University
- Louisiana State University
- Mississippi State University
- Oklahoma State University
- Oregon State University
- Purdue University
- Tufts University
- Tuskegee University
- University of California, Davis
- University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
- University of Minnesota
- University of Missouri
- University of Tennessee
- Virginia-Maryland regional College of Veterinary Medicine
- Washington State University
- Western University of Health Sciences
So if you are in search of a good veterinary school to help you fulfill your dreams, the option lies with you. The rankings for the best school vary from year to year. If that matters, then you may check the annual results and decide for yourself where you want to hone your skills.