Choosing which college to attend is an important decision-probably one of the most important decisions you'll make. However, before deciding, you'll need to apply. There are some important things to consider before applying to college, and Cal State Fullerton is no exception. Think about the following aspects of your education. Here's how to apply to California State University Fullerton:
- Finances. Going to college can be expensive, so it's important to review your finances and determine what you can afford. Cal State Fullerton is charging $3,302 (in-state) and $13,472 (out-of-state) for college tuition in 2007, which is a good indication of what 2008 tuition will be as well.
If you're planning to live on campus, you'll also need to factor in room and board.
If you're not sure what you can afford, use this tuition calculator to help figure it out.
- Cal State Fullerton Admissions Requirements. Now that you've got an idea of what your tenure at Cal State Fullerton is going to cost you, you'll need to make sure that you're aware of the college admissions requirements.
SAT/ACT and GPA. Every college has SAT and/or ACT and GPA requirements. While there is no official minimum requirement at Cal State Fullerton for either score, you can determine where you rank among other applicants by reviewing last year's average scores.
- Once you've established that your academic scores are within the range of other applicants, you'll need to note the application deadline and application fee. You won't be considered until next semester if you miss the deadline, so mark this date in your calendar now!
- Application deadline: November 30, 2007
- Application fee: $55
- Application Process. The Cal State Fullerton application process is similar to that of many other colleges. You'll need to visit the Cal State Fullerton website and either request to be sent an application packet, or apply online. Either way, you'll need to supply the admissions office with personal information similar to all other college applications, including:
- Full Name
- Social Security Number
- High School Transcripts
- SAT and/or ACT scores
- Scores from any other nationally recognized tests (such as AP)
- Information about any other schools you've attended
- Personal essays answering Fullerton College's 2008 application questions.
- Student Body Statistics. It's also important to know what you're getting yourself into in terms of campus life and student population. Some other information you might be interested to know about Cal State Fullerton, based on 2007 statistics, include:
- Year founded-1957
- Religious affiliation-None
- Academic calendar-Semester
- Student body size-30,606
Some of this information may be useful to include in your application essays, but it will also help you get a feel for the general atmosphere and culture of the college as well as what you should expect when you're on campus.
- Send in your Application for College. The last thing to do is mail in your application! Don't forget to include your $55 application fee. You can submit your application online, or mail your paper application to:
- 800 N. State College Boulevard
Fullerton, CA 92834
Good luck! If you have any other questions for the admissions staff you can email them at email@example.com.