Underwater welders usually work underwater to repair ships, maintain underwater pipes and do welding jobs for equipment underwater. They go through intensive training in order to have the required skills to qualify for jobs like this. Underwater welders use different types of equipment that is made for underwater welding. The most important skills to have are welding and diving skills. If you want to be an underwater welder, you must enroll in an underwater welding school to have the proper training. Learn how to find an underwater welding school by following the steps below.
Here are the steps that you can follow if you want to find an underwater welding school:
- Research on some schools. Go online and research some of the schools that offer underwater welding training classes. One of the best websites that you can go to is weldingtipsandtricks.com. On the website, you will be able to see a list of schools that offer the services you are looking for including the Commercial Diving Academy, National Polytechnic College of Engineering and Oceaneering and Divers Academy International.
- Read about schools. Check the locations of the schools and see which ones are near your area. Visit the official website of theses schools so that you can have a pretty good idea on the education that they offer. You can also get their contact numbers and addresses. Read about the aspects included in underwater welding training, fees, equipment that you need and other information that you need to know.
- Tour the schools. If you have time, you can tour the schools so that you can see their facilities and the equipment that they use. This is the time for you to ask any questions and concerns that you have regarding the training that they offer. Compare the training facilities to help you decide which school to choose.
- Enroll. You can prepare all the necessary documents that you need when you have already chosen a school. You can check the official website of the school that you have chosen to see a list of the required documents that you need for enrollment.
- Go through training. The training process for underwater welding can be quite difficult at first. You have to get used to being comfortable under the water. When you are already used to the underwater environment, you will easily be able to adjust and do the welding jobs required for you to get a job in the future.
These are the steps that you have to follow if you want to find an
underwater welding school. You can ask some suggestions from friends
regarding the best school to attend for underwater welding. After you
have finished your training, there will be a lot of opportunities for
you to work as an underwater welder around the world. The average salary
of an underwater welder ranges anywhere from $15,000 to $100,000 per
annum. Most underwater welders work on a per project basis and the
earning capacity may be different from one underwater welder to another.