We have all seen the power of YouTube, and the depth and breadth of content that it has. When it comes to K-12 educational videos, YouTube has a great collection of free videos, especially in math. You have videos spanning from grade 1 through grade 12, all the way from an introduction to whole numbers targeting grade 1 to pre-calculus targeting grade 12. But the benefits of a great collection of user-generated content that YouTube offers is also its greatest impediment when it comes to K-12 education. A student browsing YouTube for videos dealing with a certain topic invariably is exposed to videos dealing with a variety of other topics, some of which may have content unsuitable for viewing by children.
So, how do you get all the great educational videos that YouTube offers, without any of the distractions? The answer is Kulsara. This is an educational portal targeting K-12 students. One of its features is that it categorizes YouTube educational videos according to various grades and topics. For instance, if one wanted to view YouTube videos dealing with multiplication tables taught in grade 2 or if one wanted to view YouTube videos dealing with solving logarithmic functions in grade 10, then these are listed for easy viewing in the Kulsara Curriculum zone. And Kulsara's video gallery is free for user access.
Here are the steps to follow if you wish to access YouTube educational videos based on the syllabus of a certain grade:
- Go to the Kulsara Curriculum Zone.
- At the top, you will see a list of grades, all the way from grade 1 through grade 10. Click on the grade that you are interested in.
- Browse through the Syllabus for the grade that you have chosen. Below each of the topics in the syllabus are links to various embedded videos. Simply click on the videos related to the topic that interests you.
Here are the steps to follow if you wish to access YouTube educational videos based on a certain topic:
- Go to the Kulsara Gallery.
- You will be able to view video albums and sub-albums based on educational topics. For instance, the math album lists all videos dealing with math, while the geometry sub-album lists all videos dealing with geometry. Simply click the album and view the video.
- You can also search for videos.
That's it there is to folks. All this is free -- so learn how to use this educational supplement that Kulsara offers.