Following men’s obsession over great cars, many people are also looking forward to a good automotive career. Not only they will live nearer to cars, but also they will do the thing that interests them most. Getting a career in the automotive industry is not much of a problem nowadays. This is especially true if you come from one of the top automotive schools in the U.S.
Even though employers care less as to where you get your education, the automotive education given to you by the school will still be important. Not only will your passion for what you are doing be tested, but also more importantly, your practical knowledge in the applications is a challenge.
So, if you want to get a good automotive education, better choose to be in one of the top automotive schools in the US. You have many choices, anyway, and they include:
- University of Michigan/Michigan State University/Michigan Technological University. It may still be vague which of these three can produce the best automotive professionals. But what remains true is that all of these are potentially capable of making you the best automotive professional.
- Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis. The university has long been producing top automotive engineers in the country, making this school credible when they say they can turn you into a top automotive professional, too.
- Cornell University. Though Cornell University is not one of the traditional automotive schools, it is included in the list because of its many achievements in terms of vehicle events. In fact, the university had already earned eight Formula Society of Automotive Engineers (FSAE) championships.
- Kettering University. This is also located in Michigan and is equally competitive. The university offers degrees in management and engineering.
- University of Texas at Austin/University of Texas at Arlington/Texas A&M University. These three universities in Texas have a combined total of more than a dozen international championships in terms of automotive technology like the FSAE, FSAE West, and FSAE Japan competition trophies.
- California Polytechnic State University in San Luis Obispo and Pomona. These universities in California have produced a winning supermileage team and breakthroughs in automotive designs and engineering. The one in Ponoma has even placed in the prestigious FSAE Collegiate Design Series.
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. The university produces a competitive FSAE team year after year. Aside from that, their proximity to the U.S. racing industry in NC helps the students in terms of the application of their education.
- University of California, Davis. Many automotive experts have said that the products of this school are not only theoretically knowledgeable in the field, but they have the best practical experiences as well.
- Georgia Institute of Technology. Georgia Tech is actually considered as one of the houses of the best FSAE teams. More than that, the school has their very own automotive design department.
More than these automotive colleges, there are a lot of other schools that give the best in automotive courses for all their students. However, considering that the U.S. houses a lot of great-performing schools not only within its borders but across the globe, you can be assured of high quality automotive education that will make you competitive in the real world.