Samsung is one of the major mobile phone manufacturers today. Their new line of mobile phones is equipped with several features that allow the user to configure their phone to take advantage of all the features that are built into the new models of Samsung phones. Should you wish to block some or all incoming calls on your Samsung cell phone, you just have to activate the call restriction setting feature of your phone. This will then direct the incoming calls from blocked numbers to your voicemail. Below are the steps to block incoming calls on your Samsung cell phone.
- Choose which option you want to block the incoming calls. You can either block all incoming calls or just the calls from certain people. To block the all incoming calls go to the Main menu on your Samsung phone and choose the Tools and Settings icon.
- Locate the Call Settings and select it. A list of options will be presented to you on how you want to handle your incoming calls. Choose the option for Call Restrictions and select “YES” under the “Incoming” option. This will set your Samsung phone to reject all incoming calls automatically and redirect them to your voicemail. The call restriction feature varies from different Samsung mobile phone models. In some phones you can place a restriction on callers outside of your list of contacts while some phones will only be able to place restrictions on numbers included in your phone directory.
- If you have received a few phones calls from some people that you do not know or are not in your phone directory you can also place them on your restricted list. Save the number of the unknown caller/s and add a label or name to it.
- Locate the name that you have saved the phone number under from your directory and click the Edit button. Scroll down the list of options the will be presented to you and look for either Sounds or Tones and click the OK button.
- In the Sounds or Tones menu select the No Ring option and click OK. With this feature activated you will not hear your phone ring when the blocked caller gives you a call and instead it will be directed automatically to your voicemail.
- If you are bothered by the incessant ring of your Samsung phone only to be greeted by a telemarketer, you can enroll your mobile number in the Do Not Call Registry if you live in the United States. This will alert the telemarketers that you are listed in the registry and you should not be contacted through the number that has been registered. You can also get assistance from your mobile service provider to have some phone numbers blocked. Some providers will charge you a monthly fee to enjoy the service.
The block list feature on a Samsung phone is a welcome additional to the list of other features that mobile phone owners wish for. Be sure to read the Samsung phone owner’s manual to learn how to navigate easily to the phone’s features. Different models have different sets of directions as well as names for the icons and tools that you need to use to block incoming calls.