Personal MP3 players are everywhere. It has replaced the Walkman and Discman and revolutionized the way we listen to music. Gone are the bulky CD’s to be replaced by these small hand-held devices that come in cute colors that can carry up to thousands of songs.
However, sometimes the quality of the recorded music in an mp3 player may not always be great. For example, when you download music from a file sharing site, the sound quality may not always be up to par. If this is your problem, this article is just for you!
Here are ways to improve MP3 playback quality.
- Download the song from a paid website. If you want the best playback quality, purchase your music from the iStore of iTunes. If you get your songs from a free file sharing website, you may not always get the best quality possible. Sometimes, the songs are improperly labeled or cut off in the end. For a dollar a song, it’s worth paying the small amount of cash to get a recorded song the same quality as from a compact disk.
- Record the song from an original CD. One of the best ways to ensure that you get a good quality recording is to make a copy from an original CD that you have purchased. This way, you are sure that the song is recorded in its entirety. Also, the song titles will automatically be transferred to iTunes so you don’t have to manually label each song.
- Use a high bit rate when recording. Use at least a 192 KB or 256KB when recording a song to ensure the best quality sound. If you record at a lower bit rate, you may not get the best results.
- Use a program. You can try Audacity, Wavelab or Winmap to manipulate the quality of the sound. You can reduce white noise and manipulate your equalizer settings before recording to improve sound. You may also try Sony’s Sound Forge to get better results. MP3 Doctor is another program that you can download to help you improve the sound quality of your MP3 music. There are many sound editing programs available for download so check it out. most programs have good pre-settings so even a novice user can navigate through it.
- Manipulate the setting on iTunes. If you have already downloaded the song, you can still adjust the settings on iTunes. To do this, select the song you want to fix. When it is selected, click on File on the toolbar. Select Get Info. When you click on Get info, a smaller pop up window will appear. Click on Options. You will now be able to adjust the equalizer settings or the volume of the song as it is played on your MP3 player. Repeat the process as needed on all the songs that need to be adjusted.
Any of these steps should greatly improve the playback quality of your MP3 recordings. Keep in mind that the better the quality of the original source, the better the recording quality and playback level of the material. Enjoy your music!