Amps or bass amps are devices used with the guitar or bass guitar to so that the sounds will be amplified. Crate amplifiers are also used to be able to modify the sounds that are produced by the guitar. The frequencies may vary and the guitarist can also add certain effects to the sound to make it sound better. There are different types of amplifiers that are used by musicians. For beginners, the crate amplifier can cost $50 dollars or more. For professionals, these amplifiers can cost up to thousands of dollars.
There are different ways on how you can set up an acoustic crate amplifier. Setting it up the correct way will affect the outcome of the sound from the amplifier so you have to set it up the correct way.
Here are some tips on how you can set up your acoustic crate amps:
- Location. The first thing you have to do is to survey the location where you are planning to put your guitar crate amps. You can mount them or you can also leave them on the ground. Consider the materials in your room. Is this a room that can support loud sounds? Also, consider the size of the room. You would want to place your speaker amplifiers in a room where you can freely move.
- Amplifier Settings. Check the acoustic crate amplifier for the power settings and parts. Check the wattage rating of your amplifier. The wattage determines how much the amplifier can fill the room with the sounds coming from your acoustic guitar. You will also see a rating that uses ohms. This is the resistance of your speakers. You must keep your speakers on the resistance level for the sound to be clear.
- Right Sound. You will have to find the right level of sound for your amplifiers. You may want to research more on this so that you will have an idea on how to go about changing the settings to achieve the right sound. Having your amplifier too loud may damage the speakers and having it too soft may not have the best effect. You can read more on power ratings and impedance to change these settings.
- Outputs. Look for the output connections types of your amplifier. You will usually have and XLR cable. It is best if you look at the manual of your amplifier so that you can be familiar with all the parts of the amplifier before plugging cables in.
- Setting Levels. The last thing you have to do is to set the levels of your amplifier by using your guitar or bass guitar. To do this, you can test it with the guitar to see how loud it can get. You can start with a level of 75 and increase the power until you feel that the sound already fills up the room.
These are some of the steps you can do when you are setting up an acoustic crate amplifier. If this is the first time you are setting up an amplifier, it would be best if you ask help from other people who already know how to do it. You can also do more research so that you can learn how to set up your amplifiers.