Saturday night always seems like the designated "night out." Don't feel left out if you have nothing planned. Time spent at home can be just as fun, if not therapeutic.
- Rent a video and watch it in the comfort of your own home. Have a friend or a loved-one join in, so you can snuggle together on your couch. Pair the movie with microwave popcorn and M&Ms; not only is this fun, it saves you the hassle of parking, and money on tickets.
- Have a self-pampering natural spa at home. Try steaming your face first with a towel over your head to open up pores (be careful not to get too close). Then whip up a mask with simple ingredients from your kitchen, and relax.
- Honey Mask: A honey mask acts as an anti bacterial leaving your skin clean and rejuvenated. Just slather honey onto cleansed face and leave on for 30 minutes. Then rinse off with cold water and moisturize.
Brown Sugar Exfoliator: Add 1 tablespoon of brown sugar to a half tablespoon of olive oil. Stir to mix and use as an exfoliator for your face and body.
- Oatmeal mask: Mash two teaspoons of oatmeal with half a handful of strawberries. Add one beaten egg white to mixture and apply onto face. Leave on 30 minutes to harden, then rinse off.
* You can make your own exfoliator too!
- Make yourself a large mug of hot tea, and savor it slowly as you relish a good book. It's not often we get "alone time" to appreciate these moments.
- Bake! Cookies, cakes, bread, anything, everything! It's fun to create goodies in the oven. And if you're meeting friends for brunch on Sunday, there's even more reason to do so.
- Organize your wardrobe, kitchen cabinets or storage closet. Discard the things you no longer need, and discover things you've neglected. By the end of the night, you'll have had such a good work out that you're bound to sleep soundly. To top it off, you'll have everything cleared.
- Sleep. Drink a warm mug of milk laced with honey and doze off early. Nothing beats a good night of rest. Think of it as a refreshing way to rejuvenate your senses. You will feel the difference.
- Draw or paint something. Gather all your art materials at home, and let your mind wander as you create. The sky's the limit! Remember: a pencil's a tool too.
- Go shopping - online that is. Look for bargains and discounts. It's the only way you can buy things when all stores are closed for the night.