Whether you trying to maintain a healthy marriage or are looking to save your relationship, rekindling the romance can help. Try out these successful tips to keep the love in the air. Here's how to rekindle the romance in your marriage.
- Have a once-a-week date night. Leave the kids at home, and enjoy time together as a couple. Hold hands, chat, flirt, and do all the things you've always wanted to do alone. Have burger and fries at the diner or watch a movie. Try to leave all talk about work behind you, relax and enjoy.
- Make an effort to remember holidays. It's easy to forget anniversaries, Valentine's Day and birthdays when you've got so much going at work. It's even worse when you've been in a relationship for so long that you come to a point where you don't feel like these occasions matter. Do something different during these little occasions; it will benefit the relationship. Celebrate. Not only will the feeling of appreciation kick in, you'll have a wonderful time.
- Believe in changes. Routine in a marriage can be good and healthy. Boredom however, is not. Embrace changes in your life. Go for the company trip you've always avoided just because you wanted to be with your family. You'll realize that absence does make the heart grow fonder. Or make a decision to move to a new city for a new job. Sometimes change is hard but you'll find yourselves growing together as a married couple; and that is always a good thing.
- Be sexy (not that you've forgotten how). Flirt with your significant other. Throw your head back and laugh at his jokes. Gently touch his hand as you do. These moves may seem subtle, but they'll bring back memories of when you were dating. Wear sexy lingerie to bed instead of your usual oversized college tee. Spray on perfume before heading out to dinner. The list of little things you can do is endless.
- Organize a weekend getaway for just the two of you. Whether it's to NYC or to Hawaii - leaving all your worries behind and having a vacation is the sexiest way to rekindle romance in your relationship. It's even better when it comes as a surprise. Don't leave the romantic champagne and cocktails behind!
- If you can't do the former, call in sick and spend the day together in bed. Or book a hotel room within your city for the weekend. Have the hotel staff sprinkle rose petals on your bed (most places would willingly do that with a fee). Nothing's cooler than spontaneity in a relationship.
This marriage advice can help the struggling and the strong marriage grow. If you have a happy marriage, don't be afraid to keep trying new things to make your marriage stronger.