So far, there are six Harry Potter books on the market. Everyone is still waiting for J.K. Rowling to come up with the next one. If you want to buy the books, you may want to know all the titles. They are:
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Book 1)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Book 2)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Book 3)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Book 4)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Book 5)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Book 6)
Bear in mind that there are multiple publishers for each book; so you may find different kinds of illustrated covers for essentially the same book. You'll also have a choice of soft cover or hardcover. So take your pick as you shop!
- Bookstore. Most bookstores in the U.S. carry Harry Potter books. Try visiting the children's section of a local chain bookstore such as Barnes & Nobles, Borders or Waldenbooks. Most of the time these stores carry the entire Harry Potter collection (books 1-6). If they do not, you can always ask a sales assistant if he/she can order the book you're looking for from another existing store. You may have to wait for as long as two weeks for the books to arrive to the store you're at. Some stores even charge you for these orders, so ask for shipping costs before making your decision.
- Online bookstores. Many online stores claim to have Harry Potter books at discounted prices. Some stores are true to their word, but you may want to do some research before making your purchase. Enter the keywords "Buy Harry Potter books," "Harry Potter," (name of the book) or any equivalent words in your search engine bar, and wait for the results. You'll be led to different links regarding the topic. Take your time and pick. Amazon has a selection of used and new Harry Potter books for sale. They also have a box set of books 1-5 for collectors. Most online purchases require shipping fees, so don't forget to add that to the price tag.
- Online bidding stores. eBay and Yahoo! Auctions are sites where you can bid for Harry Potter books. Read the instructions for each site before signing up to be a bidder. You will be competing with other buyers for the offered Harry Potter books. You should always do a little research on a seller before making a purchase - most sites have no guarantee on your purchase, so be wary.