Designing a baby shower invitation can be lots of fun. You don't have to be an artist, and you really don't even have to be that creative in order to design a great baby shower invitation.
- Choose a theme. Before you can begin creating your invitations, you'll need to decide on a theme. Do you want your invitations to be elegant? Do you like a formal look or do you prefer a fun, whimsical choice? If you are the hostess of this baby shower, you might want to consult the mommy-to-be, and ask her about her preferences. If the baby shower is for you, then think about what you want for the theme. You'll likely keep several items from the shower for keepsakes, and this will include the invitations.
- Gather your ideas. If there are several baby shower invitations that you like, then gather them into a notebook, so you can compare. How much time do you want to put into the design of the baby invitation?
- Stick to a budget. Unless you have lots of money to spare, you probably have a budget that you need to follow. Once you've chosen a theme, you'll need to begin shopping for supplies. What type of paper do you want? You can choose computer paper or card stock. You can even create wrappers that can be used to cover chocolate bars for an innovative look. If several of you are hosting a shower together, then maybe you can split the costs. Don't forget to figure in all of the other costs of the shower, however.
- Select word choices. Once you've decided on a theme, you'll need to decide what you want the invitation to say. Do you want the invitation to sound more formal, or are you looking for a cute way to invite others to the shower? If you are printing the invitation on your computer, you have a variety of print and font choices, so have fun!
- Design choices. There are so many design choices for baby shower invitations. Some of them include the following.
- Card stock paper that is embellished with blue, pink, or other pastel ribbons.
- Backgrounds can include stripes or polka dots, lovable animals, automobiles, stars and planets, flowers and hearts, sweet babies, safety pins, and just about anything else you can think of as appropriate.
- Instead of the traditional paper, think about sending candy that is wrapped in a specially designed invitation, or decorate a small cloth diaper and embroider the information on one side for a really unique look.