For many of us, decorating our homes for Christmas kicks off the holiday season. The lights twinkling on the front of the house, Christmas ornaments hanging from the tree, and Christmas wreaths decorating our door all help to create a festive atmosphere. So how do people find Christmas decorations? Christmas decorations can be bought during the holiday season, but you may also find decorations off-season, oftentimes with prices that have been drastically reduced.
- End of season sales: One of the best times to buy Christmas decorations is at the end of the season. Stores begin marking down merchandise about a week before Christmas, and this continues until the stores pack up seasonal items. This is a great way to plan ahead for next year and pick up decorations at a significant savings.
- Yard sales: At the first sign of warm weather, people begin their spring cleaning. This is the start of a wonderful time of year for bargain shoppers - yard sale time. You have heard the saying, "One man's trash is another man's treasure," and that is the reason yard sales are so popular. Many people will sell Christmas decorations at their yard sales. It doesn't mean that the decorations are unappealing in any way; it may simply mean that the seller has changed her theme this year. Perhaps she used gold decorations last year and is switching to blue decorations this year. What better way for you to take advantage of her changing theme than taking her old decorations off her hands?
- eBay: "Whatever it is...you can get it on eBay" is the tagline for eBay. eBay is a wonderful place to buy Christmas decorations, especially those hard-to-find items. Do you have a Disney-themed tree? Many sellers have collectible Mickey Mouse ornaments that are new in the original box. If you are looking for a hard-to-find item, eBay is a great starting place - chances are you will find someone selling what you are looking for.
- Department stores: A high-end department store usually carries a limited selection of high-quality items. For instance if you would like to buy a crystal Lenox ornament, a department store is where you'll need to shop. This is where you will most likely spend the most money on Christmas decorations. If you are interested in buying nice but lower-priced ornaments, then shop at a discount department store such as WalMart, Target, or Kmart.
- Dollar stores: If you are on a tight budget or don't want to spend a lot of money on Christmas decorations, then dollar stores are the way to go. Dollar Tree is one of the better dollar stores that has a good selection of Christmas decorations, and everything in the store costs $1.00. There are other dollar stores such as Dollar General that have low-priced Christmas decorations as well.
- Online shops: There are many online shops where you can buy Christmas decorations. By going to a search engine and typing in the kind of decoration you wish to buy, you will be directed to online shops. Many of these stores also have print catalogs you can request. Around the holidays, the stores will mail you the catalogs and you can select your decorations.