Want to get married by the seaside like the stars? Here are a few ideas to help you turn your dream wedding ideas into a sparkling reality:
- Know more about celebrity beach weddings. A lot of celebrity couples were married on the beach, such as Rob Mariano and Amber Brkich, Kenny Chesney and Renee Zellewegger, Tiger Woods and Elin Nordegren, to name a few. Find out about how they did it by searching for articles on the Internet. You could also read about them in magazines. Take note about what they did, what they wore, where they got married, how the wedding was held, and so on.
- Take a trip to your favorite beach and let inspiration come to you. Look around you; what catches your eye? You could take pictures of lovely things and create designs out of what the beach and the sea naturally look like. What are the things that made you fall in love with the beach? Take samples with you and find ways on how to incorporate them into your theme. For example, look at the way that sunlight glitters upon the sea and imitate this by making use of shimmery fabrics or glittery materials. You could make use of flowers and seashells as luxurious decorations. You could even create a quaint underwater theme. The possibilities are endless.
- When you have ideas on how to make a glamorous beach wedding, plan where the wedding will take place. Celebrity beach weddings are often held at the following beaches: Montego Bay in Jamaica, Paradise Island in The Bahamas, St James in Barbados and St. John in the US Virgin Islands. Go to the beach where the wedding will take place and pick the best location for the actual wedding. Consider the surroundings, the type of weather the beach has, the facilities present on the beach, policies on the beach and other matters, which you think are important for your beach wedding.
- When you have visited the venue of the wedding and checked around for weather conditions, environment, facilities and so forth, plan your activities. After the wedding takes place, you could do activities with your guests such as swimming, surfing, sun bathing, snorkeling and so forth. Just make sure that activities you will do are safe and permitted. The best way to do this is to bring a first-aid kit with you or hire lifeguards or medics to give medical assistance when necessary.
- Prepare your outfits and accessories. Remember that in beach weddings, it is better when you go barefoot to prevent sand from lodging into your shoes. For brides, secure your hair, most especially when it is windy. Test how your headpiece would behave in beach weather conditions before the wedding day. Also, make sure that the groom and bride’s attire match to make the event sweeter visually.
Celebrity beach weddings are memorable events because of the venue, the activities and the decorations but most especially because of the groom and the bride. Though you may not be real-life celebrities, you are the stars in your most important day together.