To many women, the wedding gown may be the most important dress they will ever wear. It can make a woman look fascinating and stunning at the same time. It is important to find the perfect wedding gown for your perfect day. A wedding picture will last your whole lifetime. It is your portal to a daydream state of how happy you were and how lovely you were on your wedding day.
Here are some guidelines to help you find the perfect wedding gown.
- Plan ahead. It is safest to go out and start looking at the very least 2 months in advance. If you have ample time, you may choose to look for one much earlier.
- Decide on a budget. An extravagant wedding can cost you and your future husband a generous sum of money. It is wise to work on a budget not just for the wedding dress, but for the entire event. This way, you can allocate the right amount for the purchase of the dress. Make sure to stick to your budget to avoid stress and problems along the way.
- Choose the style and design. If you are like most women who have pictured their wedding gown since they were little girls, you may already have a vague idea of the wedding dress that you want to have. Otherwise, you may choose to research online or in magazines and bookstores. As you research at home, look for stores that carry prices that are within your budget. Avoid looking into dresses that are unreasonably expensive. Balance glamour with a pinch of practicality.
- Prior to selecting a dress, there are several questions that you need to answer.
- Does the wedding gown have other ornaments such as a veil or any other headpiece? If no, does the store have matching items for the dress?
- Does the gown need to have a specific style of neckline, sleeves and length? Take into account what other people have complimented on you in the past.
- What style of gown will emphasize your positive features and minimize your flaws? If you have enough of a budget, you may consult a bridal gown expert to help you choose the right style for you.
- What are the payment arrangements? Does the store have discount terms for cash payments? How much is the down payment? What are the refund procedures and terms?
- Do they have a package on alterations?
- When is the soonest that they can deliver?
- Have several options. You may be torn between 2-3 dresses after you have scanned several stores. Do not buy on impulse! Get a 3-day break before going back to the stores. Bring your close family, relatives, and friends with you when you return, and listen to their opinions. If you think that some of their opinions hold enough reason not to buy, then go to the next one. Do not settle for less than your money's worth. Remember, you are looking for the perfect dress for your perfect day.
- Look for the perfect fit. After deciding on a specific wedding gown, do some fitting. Some people believe that the wedding dress should not be worn until the wedding day. They say tragedy will follow. It is not true. It will definitely be a tragedy not to fit your wedding dress because you may end up looking like a badly made up bride. The store may have a seamstress to take measurements to find out if there are any alterations to be made. Negotiate for the cost of alterations. If you think that the prices are beyond your budget, you may opt to take the dress to a local seamstress.
It can be tiring and stressful to find a wedding gown that will perfectly fit you and at the same time bring out the best in your looks. However, if you plan ahead of time and meticulously inspect what is available, you may only be a step away from your wonderful dream wedding.