Childhood wouldn't be complete without being addicted to cartoon shows. You know that because you were once a fan of Transformers and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, right? But now that you are a parent, will you encourage your kids to watch cartoons? Whether you do or not, chances are that your kids will watch cartoons! So, the best solution is to let them watch cartoons only from your trusted TV networks.
You may want to consider these top 10 cartoons from your cable TV networks. This list is from CartoonStation.com. Their ranking was based on popularity, success of the show, the effects on pop culture, and of course, their level of humor.
- Looney Tunes. Who doesn't recognize the pictures of Bugs Bunny, Tweety, Porky Pig, Tasmanian Devil, Granny, and Daffy Duck? More than the popularity is the longevity of Looney Tunes in the cartoon industry despite the many new cartoon programs existing today. For sure, every kid has loved to watch an episode or two of Looney Tunes, including you.
- The Simpsons. We all recognize Bart, Homer, Lisa, Marge, and Maggie, right? The Simpsons is perhaps the most popular family in the world of cartoons. Their more than 20 years of airing has made them popular cultural icons of America. They do not just give humor but The Simpsons also give their political views through their episodes.
- Scooby Doo. For over 40 years, that cowardly dog has been making people laugh while solving scary ghost mysteries. Though it's had its ups and downs, Scooby Doo continues to be one of the funniest cartoons for children.
- Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids. Want your kids to learn morals while enjoying a funny cartoon? Then this show should be your choice!
- The Flintstones. This family from an earlier era had already stolen the hearts of young kids long before the Simpsons became a hit. Just like The Simpsons, this show has its political views to share, too. But despite that, The Flintstones is still one of the wackiest cartoon families. Yabba Dabba Doo!
- South Park. Okay. So you won’t agree that this show is good for kids. Well, okay, you’re right. It is full of sick humor and violence only suitable for adults. The political views they convey are very interesting, though.
- Danger Mouse. This is arguably the best cartoon from the UK. The show’s wittiness is similar to Looney Tunes, it is just not as well known.
- The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show. Clean and innocent fun is what you’ll get with this show.
- Tom and Jerry. The almost never-ending chase of Tom for Jerry is a very thrilling, exciting adventure that everyone loves. You may think the plot is simple, yet that is the reason why we love Tom and Jerry!
- Spongebob Squarepants. Not only children but teens, young adults, and parents love to watch this sponge’s adventures in the deep ocean. The best thing about Spongebob Squarepants is the series’ originality. Its cast is also unique, not to mention the brilliant script.
These may be the top 10 cartoons but the best choice is what is right for you and your children. Aside from being funny and entertaining, the cartoon should be age-appropriate. So, choose well and choose smart.