So you’re pregnant! Congratulations. The best part about receiving this news is thinking about ways that you could let your family and your closest friends know about it as well. Here are some of the best ways to score you some gasps of surprise and thrilled screams from the people who matter to you most:
- Tell your spouse. If your husband doesn’t know yet that you’re pregnant, it’s time to have some fun. If you have the budget for it, splurge for a great father’s day gift (some of the best gifts for dads are electronic gadgets; check out this article for more great ideas). Include a discreet card with the gift that says, “To the best dad in the world.” Count how many seconds it will take for your spouse to look away from the fantastic gift and at you, with an amazed expression on his face.
- Throw a party. Plan a laidback party for your friends and/or family members, and don’t inform them yet about the reason for it. In the middle of the party, have everybody pose for a group picture – and then after saying, “1, 2, 3…” you could say with your spouse, “And by the way… we’re pregnant!” Then click away! The idea here is to capture everybody’s reaction to the news, and save it for posterity.
- Announce it through Facebook. If you really want to make your pregnancy public, go ahead and announce it through your Facebook account (or through any other social networking site). You could be as creative as you want through this venue: you could make your baby’s first ultrasound picture your profile picture, or you could announce it by having a creative status message, such as, “(Your name) is about to make pregnant the new sexy,” or something like that. The best status message is a one-liner that will take about a second or two to adequately decipher.
- Give gifts to your family and friends. Again, if you have the budget for it, you could buy small gifts for your friends and family members. Then, leave a creative little note inside that says something like, “Because the soon-to-be grandma needs to see her future grandchild clearly!” if you would give your mother new glasses.
- Wear a shirt. You could order creative T-shirts that would creatively announce your pregnancy, or you could think of your own catch phrases and have your own personalized T-shirt designed. Some ideas? You could show a sign that says, “Slow Down: Baby Inside”, “Precious Cargo”, or “America’s Future President Incubating Here”. Have fun with your husband thinking of funny and imaginative one-liners that would generate not just the fondest congratulations, but amused smiles as well.
There you have it! These are just some of the best ideas to help you announce your pregnancy creatively. Remember, you also have to take into consideration the possible reaction that you would generate from the news: if your family might have mixed reactions about your pregnancy, maybe it’s best that you tell them in as uncreative manner as possible. But otherwise, feel free to let loose and announce the news to the world with a bang! Good luck, and hope this helped!