Bringing up marriage with your boyfriend can be a daunting task, especially if you feel that your boyfriend is not ready to make such a commitment. There are some techniques that you can do in order to bring up the subject without being so direct. Some boys get scared of even the thought of marriage that is why they scamper off when the subject is brought up. You can discuss marriage with your boyfriend in a manner that will not make him feel trapped in the relationship.
Here are some of the tips that you can use when you want to discuss marriage with your boyfriend:
- Share the future. Before even mentioning marriage, you have to let your boyfriend feel that you want him present in your future. You can make subtle hints about this when you are having a casual conversation. Then, see what his reaction to this is. This can give you an idea if your boyfriend shares the same feelings as you do.
- Right timing. There is such a thing as right timing when you are trying to bring up marriage. You have to understand that marriage is a big step for the both of you. If you have been in the relationship for years and you are sure about your feelings for him, then you can casually bring up the subject. If your relationship is not yet solid enough, maybe you need to take more time getting to know each other better before taking the big step.
- Understand each other. When you bring up the topic, be open about your feelings towards marriage and how you feel. Get a feel of where the conversation is going. You will know if your partner feels the same way about you if he sees you in his future and if he is someone who is not afraid of commitment.
- Give it time. When you bring up the topic, you can’t expect to get results overnight. Give time for your boyfriend to think about it and don’t rush him. You can bring it up again after a few months. See where the relationship is going.
- Assess your relationship. Some relationships are built to last and others are not. If you feel that you are ready to get married and you have given your boyfriend some time to think about it and you still get no results, you might want to assess your relationship with your boyfriend and see if you are still willing to wait for him to be ready for marriage. If not, you may want to find someone who is willing to commit.
These are some of the tips that you can use when you want to bring up the topic of marriage with your boyfriend. This is only hard for some girls. In some cases, the boy is the one who brings up this subject. It is important that you have the same vision for your future together so that you can both agree on the subject of marriage.