A wedding gift is a great way to welcome the bride and groom to a new and prosperous life together as a married couple. Purchasing the best wedding gift, however, can be daunting especially since the gift is meant to not only please either the bride or groom, but both. Here’s how you can buy the best wedding gift for the new couple.
- Check the bridal registry. The bridal registry will allow you to determine where the couple has registered and where you can send your gifts. It is usually a lot easier to get the gifts delivered, since the bride and groom will usually be too busy during the wedding day to actually receive the gifts themselves. Be sure that you enter the full name of the groom and bride. The wedding date should also be entered when searching for the couple, to easily narrow down the results.
- Classics. There are classic gifts that you can give to a couple, which are the fool proof and safe choices. These include fine china and wedding albums. Fine china has always been used as a gift which symbolizes both prosperity and function. Apart from china, you can also purchase glasses and stemware for the couple.
- Interests. The classic gifts, however, tend to quickly become passé especially if the bride and groom receives plenty of these gifts. A better alternative is to purchase gifts which are both romantic and in line with the couple’s interests. This can be as simple as a gift card for a resort where the couple can spend some quality time together or a ticket for two to the opera or a concert – whatever the couple prefers. Use your knowledge about your friends’ interests to choose the appropriate gifts.
- Function. Plenty of married couples adore functional gifts especially since they will need these to adjust to married life. For instance, couples who are planning on moving in together and purchasing a new home will do well with basic appliances. These appliances will not only be useful, but will also help the couple out – even a toaster, microwave, and stove can be very expensive for a couple who are just starting out. You can check out various electronic gifts such as mobile phones and electronic organizers as well, especially for business oriented or professional couples.
- Make your gift special. Before sending in your gifts, make sure that you add a gift note. The notes will not only personalize your wedding gifts, but will also allow you to express your good intentions and well wishes for the couple. The gesture is simple and easy, but couples really do appreciate the effort.
- Homemade. Finally, you can also create highly personalized but inexpensive gifts yourself. There are homemade candles, perfumes, and jewelry that you can create yourself. One of the advantages of creating homemade gifts is that you will be able to tailor these according to the couple’s taste.
A wedding gift is not only part of a tradition, but also one of the best ways to show your happiness for the new couple. Through these steps, finding a gift that will be useful and highly appreciated is easy.