Preparing for a rehearsal dinner can be so exhausting, especially if you are the bride. You have so many things to think about, and a rehearsal dinner just adds to the stress. You can cater your own rehearsal dinner so that you can lessen your wedding expenses and lessen the trouble of calling caterers and coordinating with different people just to make sure that everything goes smoothly.
Here are some tips on how you can cater a rehearsal dinner by yourself:
- Make a budget. The first thing that you have to do before you think of anything else about the rehearsal dinner is to set your budget. If you are trying to spend as little as you can without compromising the beauty of your wedding, you should always set a budget and be sure that you do not go over it no matter what.
- Know your theme. Get a theme for the rehearsal dinner. You may also skip this if you want to keep it simple. One thing that you can do for the rehearsal dinner is to give your guests a glimpse of what they are going to see during the wedding proper. You can have an afternoon tea party, a backyard barbecue or a formal dinner setting.
- Plan your guest list. The next thing that you should do is to plan your guest list. If you are planning to have an intimate rehearsal dinner, you just have to stick with your closest friends or relatives. If you want to have a fun party where your guests can mingle with each other, you can invite more.
- Set your location. When you have established your guest list, you can already think of the location. If you want to save some money, you can have the rehearsal dinner at your own house. This will also make you and your guests feel more comfortable. You can have it in your dining room or even in your garden.
- Prepare your menu. Research on some recipes that you can serve for the rehearsal dinner. Take into consideration if there are any vegetarians in the group. You might have some of your own recipes in mind. Choose some simple recipes that you know everyone will love. There’s no sense it choosing a recipe that will make the rehearsal dinner a more stressful thing for you. Multiply the recipe according to the number of the guests that you have invited. You do not want to run out of food.
- Work ahead of time. Do not wait the day before the rehearsal dinner to start preparing the things that you’ll need. You can start as early as a week or five days before the actual dinner. Go to the grocery and get the ingredients that you need ahead of time so that you’ll be ready with them when the day comes. You can also ask help from your closest friends or family members to lessen the stress.
These are the steps on how you can cater your own rehearsal dinner. The best thing about this is that you have full control over the food that you will serve and you won’t have to spend as much money.