The butterfly favor is a popular ribbon decoration that is often used in special occasions. This includes wedding events. Creating your own can be really fun and it can definitely save tons of money! All you need is time, a big dose of creativity and a pair of able hands. If you want to learn more on how to make a butterfly wedding favor decoration, read on and discover how easy these steps are!
- Prepare all the materials and tools that you will need before beginning. You have to acquire ribbons and ready to use bows. Any color would do as long as it fits your wedding theme or motif. You would also be needing a floral wire, a bunch of beads, rhinestones or any kind of embellishments that you prefer, wire cutter, glue, a pair of scissors and of course, your desired favor packaging. When you have all these things, then you are ready for the next step.
- Decide first how you are going to create your butterfly wedding favor. Ask yourself, are you going to use a ready made bow or would you rather create it from scratch? Complicated as it may sound, it is actually very easy to make your butterflies from ribbons.
- Prepare a long ribbon and begin by carefully tying it into a bow. The procedure is exactly the same as tying your shoelace. The proportion of the bow should depend on where you are going to put it, so make sure you factor that in before proceeding to the next step. Whether you are going to use it to further accentuate your wedding or you are going to put it as a decoration on top of little boxes for giveaways, the bow size should be correct.
- Now that you have a bow, you need to tuck in the tails. Estimate the length of the tails. It should be double the size of the ears. When you are sure about the measurements, carefully cut it with a pair of scissors. Tuck the first tail and secure it at the center of the back by applying a dab of glue (or you could use a glue gun and a glue stick). Repeat this procedure on the second tail. Make sure that you tuck it all precisely in the center at the back. This will serve as the bottom wings while the ears will be the upper wings. By this time, it should resemble a butterfly.
- Using a floral wire, create a butterfly antennae by carefully but firmly threading it on the top part of the center knot. Fold it in two to create the desired effect. Start adding a bead on each end of the wires or antennae. Adjust it until you like the way it looks.
- Furnish it with a beautiful stone. Glue a sapphire stone or a rhinestone on the knot. There you have it. You now have a beautiful butterfly wedding favor decoration!
See how simple and fast it is to make one? Even your little kids can help you in doing this! All that is left for you to do is prepare all the materials needed for this project. Now put your creative hat on and start having fun!