Choosing the perfect wedding dress can be quite challenging for a brand-new bride to be who cannot imagine it being anything but perfect. There are really a number of things to be considered when trying to come up with the best one that would make the bride as radiant and as beautiful as she can be. After all, a wedding day marks a milestone in her life, the beginning of a new journey. A wedding dress that looks great on one bride may not be as flattering for another. Traditional wedding gowns are pretty but a great number of new brides are beginning to divert from the old ways and starting to experiment with the new. It is really all a matter of preference. There are never any hard and fast rules to go by when it comes to wedding dresses. If you are one of those who would like to create your individual style, or maybe find something that suits your personality, here are a few ways to find a unique wedding dress that does not conform to tradition:
- One unique idea for a wedding dress would be to go printed. Although that may sound a bit strange at first, you may find that it could actually work for you. Floral printed wedding dresses are perfect for wedding ceremonies done in the beach, summer weddings, and those that follow a tropical or luau theme.
- If you are tired of the traditional shiny wedding dresses that that are normally made with satin, you could try using a material that has a matte finish instead. This is certainly going to be a distinctive wedding dress, and far from the norm as wedding dresses go. That special glow can now radiate from you, rather than from the material of your dress.
- Experiment with other colors. White is very traditional. There are so many vibrant colors to choose from and they can really make you stand out as you are supposed to. Pale colors are good too, such as light yellows and pinks, depending on your personality. If you are the more daring type, you may opt to go metallic. It really is your choice.
- Instead of a gown, you could wear a wedding dress that stops right in the middle of your thigh and calf. That way, you get to show a bit of your gorgeous legs and your new designer brand shoes. There are also some spectacular cocktail dresses that you could try as well. A shorter wedding dress is definitely a one-of-a-kind idea.
- You may also want to wear a wedding dress that honors the heritage of either your groom or yourself. If you are a descendant of a certain lineage, you may want to make it your wedding dress theme. Japanese kimonos and Indians saris are just a few examples of what you can try to explore.
- Another great idea would be a classic white or ivory pantsuit. You could look just as gorgeous without wearing a dress or a gown for your wedding. This certainly is non-traditional bride attire, but creates a statement and spells out your personality in bold letters.
Give yourself a lot of time to plan on how you want to look on your
wedding day. Do not be afraid to experiment. It is your day and only you
can decide on what can make you feel really special, as you walk down