Who says that a nerd can’t have a girlfriend? All evidence speaks otherwise. Revenge of the nerds has those lovable nerds shacking up with pretty women. Weird Science has a bunch of nerds creating the perfect girl from microwave spare parts and an old magazine and the ultimate nerd movie has Russell Crowe shacking up with the ever so hot and ever so lovely Jennifer Connelly in “A Beautiful Mind.”
If only real life was as easy as the movies. In truth, beautiful and hot girls don’t really look for nerds as the best possible mate. They will most likely pick the quarterback over the president of the chess club any day of the week.
Fortunately, there are ways you can use your bookish charms to your advantage. Here is a short article to help a nerd like you get the girl of your dreams. Follow these steps and you will be on your way to finding and bagging your true love.
- Why do you want a girlfriend? Have you ever asked yourself why you want to have a girlfriend? Are you looking to get revenge for all the nerds out there that have been shunned by womenfolk? Or, are you looking for some eye candy that would look good around your arm? It is more important that your reasons are noble. Having the right motivation in finding a girlfriend is a very important. If you are in it for the wrong reasons, you won’t go very far.
- Be confident. A little confidence can go a long way. If you have a strong self-image, it doesn’t matter what you are. This is because labels won’t even exist. This will come in handy because there will be naysayers everywhere. They’ll be telling you that “she is out of your league” or “you are just a nerd”. It doesn’t matter. When it comes down to it, you are just a man out to take a girl out.
- Stay true to yourself. You know what? You are great! Your smarts, which is what they find odd about you, is actually your true strength. This is what sets you apart from everybody else. You don’t have to dumb yourself down. Stay smart. If you are smart, that means you can carry a conversation. Talk to her about a lot of topics until you hit pay dirt. She probably knows a lot of stuff, too. This leads me to the next step.
- It is not always about you. You may be smart but that doesn’t mean you have to make the people around you feel dumb. Chances are they know stuff that you have no idea about. Take this chance to learn from somebody other than a book or a lecture. Ask her questions about herself. Girls like it when you are interested in them. Remember that it isn’t about you. It is always about your girlfriend. The sooner you remember that, the better off you will be.
- Clean yourself up. Just because you are a nerd doesn’t mean you have to be a slob. Hygiene should go a long way to make you halfway decent. I know you are busy solving the mysteries of the universe, but if you want to snag the girl you love, the least you can do is look good doing it. If you think looks shouldn’t matter, you may be right. But, let me ask you this. Would you find a small diamond at the bottom of mud pit?
Seem like too much work? Well, maybe it is. But if you are out to get the girl of your dreams and embark on your fairytale ending, then you better buck up. Because when you do get your girlfriend through these steps, you will know that she was well worth it.