For many individuals, the celebration of a debut is one of the most awaited events in their lives. It is a much waited transition age from childhood to becoming a young adult. Hence, people opt to celebrate their debut with style and extravagance. Preparing for a debut is often times stressful, with all the concept making, invitations, venues, souvenirs and other preparations needed to make the debut memorable and an eventful experience.
Here are some suggestions on how to give a successful debut celebration:
- Consider the theme. To have a good debut party, the first step is creating a concept or a theme suitable for the debutante. Included here is the motif, the color of choice for the celebration. There are various themes to choose from such as modern, vintage glamour, and the like. whatever concept you use, the key is coordinating with the debutant and adhering to her wishes. Remember that it is her party and that the theme she chooses is what fits her taste.
- You should give-out invitations. In preparing the invitations, one must take into consideration the theme and the motif of the celebration. Create an invitation that is simple, classy and artistic. Consider also the number of guests. The celebrator's decision is basis for the figures, taking into consideration the space of the venue and the budget you have to work on. RSVP the party to check if all the invited guests could make it, and if there are some adjustments needed.
- Plan where the venue will be and what food you will serve. It is important to find a venue that is large enough to accommodate all the guests. After choosing a venue, coordinate with the decorating committee to set up the location. Food is also important. It is necessary to do some food-tasting prior to the event to ensure the satisfaction of both the debutant and the guests.
- Consider the dress, shoes, hair and make-up you are going to wear. One of the most important parts of a debut preparation is finding a dress. Look for a good couturier for a dress tailored to fit the debutante's taste and the party's theme. Work on fitting schedules to ensure that the gown fits well, not too tight nor too loose. Since the debutante will be entertaining guests all through the night, a good pair of shoes is her friend. Find a pair of shoes that fits well and is coordinated with her dress. Also, schedule early on the debutante's hair and make-up with a salon, or better yet have the stylist come over.
- Decide on music and forms of entertainment you are going to play. The guests and especially the debutante must feel that the occasion is extra special; what better way than to give them good music and entertainment. Hire a professional singer and a band. If you have a tight budget, you can ask a favor from some of your talented friends to render you song and dance numbers.
Good preparation is the key to a successful debut celebration. Think outside the box and use your imagination for that artistic touch. The event would be unforgettable, and your daughter will remember the event for the rest of her life.