Some brides prefer to have a wedding with an environmental motif. It may be because they are promoting an eco-friendly environment, or just love the tress and nature. If you happen to be the bridesmaid of this particular wedding, of course you are the one responsible for organizing the bridal shower. And it is great to follow the motif of the wedding in your bridal shower so that the bride will really feel the bridal shower.
Here are some ways on how to have a green bridal shower:
- Inviting people is probably the most important factor in this event. You should be able to successfully disseminate the invitation to the friends of the bride. Remember, it is her day, so be sure to invite all of her special girl friends for the bridal shower. It can be easier if you invite friends online using some of the new technologies.
- Be sure to know how many people are going to the bridal shower. These will matter greatly so that you will know how many chairs to prepare and what food to serve, among other things. Put RSVP note in your invitation so that it will be easier for you to count the number of people that will be attending the bridal shower.
- Since it is going to be a green bridal shower, it is best to use recycled products for your designs, games, and other stuffs that are usually used in bridal showers. Also use reusable utensils such as plates, cups, spoon and forks. The theme is green, so disposable utensils are a big no-no.
- Ask the people that you invited to bring with them gifts that are within the theme, which is green. They can bring gifts that are wrapped in recycled paper, or gifts such as organic soap or other organic products. Also ask them to keep the wrapping simple so that resources can be saved.
- In planning for a bridal shower, location is very important. Since the theme is eco friendly, it is best for the bridal shower to be held in a place with lots of trees or plants around. The garden is a nice place to have a green bridal shower.
- To complete the green bridal shower, serve organic foods such as home grown vegetables and foods from the local deli shop. If you know how to cook, you can prepare the foods yourself to ensure that all of the ingredients are organic. Also make home made little gifts for the prizes of the games. They can be recycled paper notebooks or cards, candles and bath products made from organic products.
A lot can be done in order for the green bridal shower to be successful. You may even be surprised to know that there are a lot of things that are made using organic products, which can also be used so that the green bridal shower that you are going to organize will be a blast!