Ice cream socials are a great events to hold. They can also be a means to communicate and reach out to your neighborhood or to rekindle your relationship with your old time friends. Here are some points to ponder, to help you up in hosting your ice cream socials.
Plan ahead of time.
- List all the persons you want to invite to your party. Send invitations. Be critical with the details of the party as to when, where and how your guest will get there. You can also put some signs, balloons or whatever creative signage that you think will be helpful to your guests to easily track down the venue of the party and, at the same time, leave them astonished and excited for the next surprise in your event.
- Be familiar with the flavors of ice cream that your guests like best. This will serve as your index as to what flavors you will purchase.
- In your invitation ask them to bring their favorite toppings. You can have it as an old-fashioned ice cream social, wherein your guests will bring the supplies needed in the occasion. And, on your part, you can sponsor the venue and other supplies needed like cones, dessert dishes, glasses, canisters, and so on and so forth. You can divide your guests into groups, and ask them to bring the items on that occasion. You can include it in their invitation.
- Watch for the weather meter. If, by chance, the weather gets bad on that day, ready yourself with a tarp or whatever over-head water proof cover you can lay your hands on, so your party can still go on.
Before purchasing anything,
- List down all the items needed.
- Search your local stores or you can search the net and go online for surpluses, whole sale or bulk orders of the items you need for the party.
- Choose at least 3 flavors of ice cream; chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry ice cream will do.
- Don't forget to put on your list a box of plastic gloves for handling frozen treats. Cones, may it be made of cake, wafer or sugar, or anything that fits your budget. Include some plastic or melamine bowls, dessert dishes and glasses; plus, add some pitchers for refreshments. Don't forget colorful napkins and long spoons for the ice cream.
Now that the invitations have been sent and the entire guest list has been informed and had confirmed; and the venue, along with its decorations, had been set up, it's time to really have some fun. Make it easier for the host to facilitate the socials and for the guest to feel at ease and enjoy the event. It is advisable to have a bowl of water for the ice cream scoop for easier scooping. Make sure to put trash cans or trash bags in strategic places for easy clean up and to minimize the mess. For refreshments, have jars of plain water, iced tea and lemonade, with a bucket filled with ice cubes on the side. Enjoy!