If your husband needs to lose weight, it’s very important that you let him know that he is not alone in this endeavor. Here are some of the easy ways that you can help out in your husband’s quest for better health:
- Exercise with him. Prepare for your exercise as you would for a date. Make the whole thing very fun and enjoyable for you both. If your husband prefers to jog around the neighborhood, try to be game about it and set a regular schedule. You could both wear iPods while jogging and listen to the same set of tunes. Afterwards, prepare a wonderfully healthy fruit shake to cool you both down. The mission here is to let your husband associate your exercise routines with pleasant memories and even romantic interludes with you, and he will surely be motivated for the next session.
- Have a healthy menu that you will both enjoy. You could plan for healthful dishes that make your taste buds and your body very happy. There are so many such recipes over the Internet that would make your menu-planning very easy and quick to do. Do know also that it’s possible for your husband to enjoy his favorite dishes, if you’d only modify the preparations (more lean meat, less fat, and no skin on chicken, for example).
- Do groceries alone. It’s going to benefit your husband if he doesn’t need to be exposed to the sugary temptations at the grocery store. You could make a grocery list with your husband though, and allow him a well-deserved treat or two.
- Shower him with your love and respect. One of the most important things to do during this time is to make sure that your husband is highly motivated to get fit. Though it may be obvious, it still needs to be said that now is not the time to make fun of your husband (no “fat-ass” comments, please!). Remember that it is very important for men to maintain their self-respect, and it is your job (for the sake of your marriage, at least) that you continuously encourage your husband and let him know how special and valuable he is – no matter what, period. This way, he’d be more encouraged to be his own personal best, for his own self-improvement, and for you, his loving wife.
- Plan for playtime with your kids. One of the best ways to get your husband to exercise is to have him play with your kids. Running around the backyard, dancing to some Miley Cyrus song, or swimming with them at a public pool are great ways of him exercise without him being that aware of it.
- Make love with him regularly. Chances are, you already know that making love is one of the best exercises and calorie-busters out there. Not only will this help your husband lose weight, he will also be more motivated to make his body fit so you could enjoy him more.
There you have it! These are just some of the ways to help your husband lose weight. With you by his side, this should not be the stressful, guilt-ridden period that it might be if he didn’t have you. Good luck!