Couple wedding showers are getting more popular nowadays as most husbands and wives share in the housework. A honey-do shower is a coed shower that focuses on home improvement as well as appliances for the new home of the couple to be wed, particularly those items that are not included in their wedding registry. Since most bridal showers are hosted by the maid or matron of honor, a honey-do bridal shower can be hosted by the maid of honor and the best man. Take a look at some ideas below on how to host a honey-do bridal shower.
- Consult with the bride and groom and ask for a list of couples that they would like to invite for their honey-do bridal shower. Singles can also be invited to the shower party provided that you even out the numbers so that there will be no awkwardness among the guests.
- Design your invitation. Craft stores usually have paper stock with border designs that can be used for invitations. Choose those with designs that can be applicable for both sexes. If you cannot find paper stock with designs that you like, consider looking for medium sized stickers depicting a woman doing housework and a man doing some repair work in the home. Bridal shower invitation wordings can be found in the web or if you can write your own. Include the date, the time and place. Make some note informing guests what a honey-do bridal shower is. It is better to add that information than have them guessing what it means exactly. You can also assign guests with individual rooms in the house where the gift will be useful to avoid duplication.
- Plan out some games and surprises for the party. You can ask the guests questions about the bride and groom such as the date when they first met, when the romance started and things that relate to the couple. The guest that can come up with the most answers wins a prize. The prizes should be in the same theme as the honey-do party.
- Decorate the venue with items suitable for a man and a woman. You can make a centerpiece of a flower basket with some gardening tools. The groom should not be left out. There are small items that you can buy and use as decorations such as tape measures, paint brushes, work gloves, hammers, nails, nuts and bolts.
- Do not stress out too much about what food to serve. Serve foods that are easy to prepare such as pizzas, burritos, tacos, plenty of chips and dips, cheeses and fruits. Add plenty of cold drinks and water. If the weather is good outside why not plan for a cookout and everybody can take turn cooking hamburgers, ribs, barbecues and hotdogs. Provide plenty of disposable plates, cups and table ware. Do not forget to stock on paper napkins too.
Make it as easy and as fun as possible so that all the guests will have a good time. This is the objective of the bridal shower in the first place. It is also a great time to get together with friends, some of whom may not have seen each other for some time. The success of your honey-do bridal shower depends on how much fun the guests will get from it.