Most mothers experience increase in breast size during pregnancy. In breastfeeding, the skin is stretched and the breasts become even bigger because of milk production. Unfortunately, breasts are not made of muscles and ligaments so they cannot be built up with exercise. They are made of fatty tissues that make them prone to sagging once the mother stops breastfeeding and the breasts start to get smaller. Follow these simple steps to keeping your breasts looking sexy and attractive even after giving birth.
- Wear a good supportive bra during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Make sure that our bra fits well and can accommodate your increasing breast size. Providing ample support for your breasts will keep the ligaments from being stretched out. Do not use bras that have underwire or that are ill fitting because these can hinder milk production.
- Perform regular chest exercises. Improve your breast tone by doing moderate chest exercises regularly. It is important to work out your pectoral muscles, the muscles that lift the breasts up, in preventing sagging. Pushups are a great chest exercise. You can do them against a wall or on the floor. Doing bench press or incline chest flies are also good for enhancing the appearance of your breasts. There is no need for you to go to a gym. You can do these exercises at home using your own weight or using light free weights.
- Gradually lose the baby weight. It is normal for mothers to gain weight during pregnancy. Most women, especially those who choose to breastfeed, shed the additional weight naturally. If you don’t breastfeed or when you stop nursing and you still want to lose more weight, do so slowly. Drastic weight loss will lead to your breasts getting too small and saggy. Avoid fad diets. Eat healthy and let your body adjust gradually. Couple your diet with regular aerobic workouts so that your body will be toned as you gradually lose the unwanted poundage and fat.
- Improve blood flow by massaging your breasts daily. Massage your breasts with topical creams or lotions that contain phytoestrogens. Phytoestrogens are compounds that promote cell growth. Use gentle, circular motions to rub your breasts for at least two minutes every day. These daily massages will also increase blood flow in your breasts, making them appear fuller.
- Consult your doctor for hormonal medications. Estrogen levels increase during pregnancy. This hormone contributes to the increase in breast size throughout this period. Once the mother has given birth, estrogen levels drop significantly. To maintain the increase in breast size, try taking hormonal medications. Ask your doctor for advice especially if you are breastfeeding. You can also eat food products that are high in phytoestrogens. Soy products like tofu, legumes, cereals, flax seeds, and other oilseeds are some of the food products that you can try.
Every woman dreams of having beautiful and firm breasts. Luckily, mothers have so many options for maintaining attractive breasts even after giving birth. It can be tough to get your breasts as firm as they were before but with enough exercise, a healthy diet, and supplemental support, you can surely manage it. Just remember to get the advice and consent of your doctor beforehand.