A bachelorette party is a great way to celebrate the last few days or weeks of a woman’s single status. It’s a time for her to have fun, relax and enjoy the company of her girlfriends. The bride-to-be should be treated as queen for the day. Make her feel like royalty by making her a bachelorette tiara.
A bachelorette tiara can be whimsical, silly, fun, elaborate or elegant. It need not be expensive (but you can make it one if you like). You can create a tiara with a few simple materials and some imagination.
The bachelorette tiara can be made well in advance of the party. Or, you can incorporate it into the party itself as a craft activity. Guests can make their own versions of a bachelorette tiara. The bride can then choose the one that she likes best and wear it all night long. A small token or gift can be given as a prize to the person who made the winning tiara.
Whether you make a tiara ahead of the party or have the girls create one, the materials that you will generally need are:
- Plastic crown
- Glue gun
- Glue sticks
- Puffy paint in different colors
- Other fun materials and possible embellishments – ribbons, feathers, plastic beads, fake pearls, and more
To make a simple bachelorette tiara:
- Use puffy paint to write the name of the bride-to-be at the center of the plastic crown. You can also write “bachelorette” or any other name or text that the bride would find humorous or appropriate.
- Use puffy paint to add dots, swirls or squiggly lines to decorate the crown.
- Use the hot glue gun to embellish the crown with rhinestones, feathers, beads, etc.
Here are some ideas for making different bachelorette tiaras to suit the upcoming bride:
- Add “naughty” items to hang on the tiara if this is part of the theme of the bachelorette party.
- If the bride is a nature lover, you can have an enchanted forest themed tiara full of flowers and leaves. This will make her feel like a forest queen for the day.
- You can also opt for a flashing tiara, one with lights that blink on and off.
- For a real keepsake, you can choose to buy a tiara that looks more like a beauty queen’s crown in silver tone with hearts and swirls. There are tiaras with real crystals and pearls as well. Some silver tiaras already have the name bachelorette on the tiara itself.
Except for the more expensive keepsake tiara, you can add or hang many different items on a bachelorette tiara. You can even attach a veil to the tiara for that soon-to-walk-down-the-aisle feel.
The goal of a bachelorette party is to make the bride-to-be feel like a queen or princess for the day. To accomplish this, you should have a bachelorette tiara on hand. A bachelorette tiara can be elegant or silly and over-the-top. The over-all-look of the tiara can match the theme of the party. Have fun making it either on your own or have the girls contribute to the overall look. Make sure to have a crowning ceremony during the bachelorette party.