A milestone birthday celebration is tagged as one of the most important celebrations in a person’s life. It is important that you make it an extra special day for the celebrant. Also, think of ways on how to make the celebration memorable and meaningful to the attending guests as well.
Here are the steps on how to make a milestone birthday memorable:
- Plan a party. Plan how you are going to celebrate the birthday party. It doesn’t necessarily have to be a big party. What is important is all the special people in the celebrant’s life are going to be present in the milestone celebration. Count the number of guests who are going to attend the party. This is to give you ideas on how you are going to deal with the other details for the celebration.
- Plan a surprise for the party. Think of something that may make the birthday celebration extra special for the celebrant. For example, you may provide a balloon for each guest. Each guest that enters the venue will give the balloon to the celebrant. Once all of the guests have entered, get all the gathered balloons from the celebrant. Release all of the balloons so they will float in the air. This may be a good start-off for the party.
- Plan a theme for the party. Think of a great theme for the celebration. Base the theme on the interest of the celebrant. Make sure the theme will be something that the celebrant will truly enjoy.
- Plan the decorations for the party. The designs of the venue for the party will depend on the chosen theme. Make a budget for the celebration and elaborate of the designs.
- Plan a special seat for the celebrant. When you design the venue for the party, make sure that you allot a special space for the seat of the celebrant. Place it somewhere in the middle where everyone may see him/her. Allot a spotlight especially for the celebrant.
- Plan a program of activities for the party. Organize the activities for the party. Start the program with a prayer. Think of fun activities and do not forget the musical part of the program. Find a singer among the guests. Make the singer dedicate a special song for the celebrant. Or better yet, let the singer sing the celebrant’s favorite song. Get a band if possible. If there are kids attending the celebration, ask them to prepare a dance number for the enjoyment of the guests. Before the program ends, let the celebrant say something to the guests. Let him/her express how the party made him/her feel.
- Get an emcee for the party. It is important that somebody leads the program. Get an emcee that is capable of being lively and upbeat. This is to make sure that the person leading the program can smoothly follow the flow of activities and do adjustments if necessary.
- Get a good sound system for the party. A good sound system is one of the important factors of a successful celebration. Check the sound system and make sure that the mics and speakers are in good condition.
- Prepare party favors or souvenirs for the party. Think of giveaways that match the theme of the party. Include a simple note saying thank you to the guests who celebrated the party with the celebrant.
These are just some ideas that may help you celebrate a milestone birthday celebration with a blast. You may add more details to make it more memorable for both the celebrant and the guests.