A photo album is a great project you can do for your best memories for a specific occasion. With the search for the best photo albums getting tougher and tougher these days, it is a better and more practical idea to work on a good padded photo album project. To help you get started, check out these steps in making this kind of photo album:
- Make the necessary measurements of the album. For your convenience later in the picture, take some time now to measure the album so you know the right measurements for cutting the padding and the fabric. However, keep in mind that the fabric must be cut slightly larger than the actual size of the album so you can work on the project with ease. The padding, however, must be cut with the same measurement as that of the album.
- Glue the padding on the album. Hot glue is perfect for this step because it can easily and strongly hold the padding onto the album. If for instance you have a padding that is larger than the actual size of the album, glue it inside the album, too.
- Glue the sized fabric on the album. Use a super tacky glue to help you in this process. Apply a generous amount of glue on the album's inside corners. Make sure that when you do this, the fabric is perfectly glued to the surface of the album. To make things a lot easier for you, glue the width of the fabric first before its length. Pull the fabric when gluing it to the album to make sure that it will be tight enough for a perfect surface.
- Work on the corners of the album. It is expected that the corners of the album with the fabric are not that much pleasing to the eyes. Therefore, you need to make the necessary adjustments to make the fabric go smoothly with the album. Cut a diagonal line in the excess fabric from the album corner to the center. Then, use hot glue for each corner and press the fabric towards the album.
- Hide corner imperfections. Despite what you did in the above step, the corners of the album will still not be perfect. Hence, hiding them will be the best thing to consider. Get a ribbon and add a small amount of glue at its end and fold it. This must be observed so it will not become damaged in time. Then, cut the ribbon slightly longer than the measurement of the diagonal slit on the album's corner. Repeat this step for all corners of the album. Then, glue the ribbon diagonally onto the corners. Do this for all corners of the project.
- Outline the inside fabric on the album. Prepare the ribbon by gluing its end similar to what you did on the previous steps but fold it in a 45 degree angle. Use this ribbon to cover the ends of the fabric all around the insides of the album.
- Create a lock for the album. Find the center spot of the length of the album. Glue a ribbon that is cut long enough to allow you to create a bow ribbon. Do the same thing for the album's other side.
At this time, you already have an album that can hold your memories with
utmost uniqueness. You can even make diverse selections of fabric so
you can create great albums for all occasions.