Weddings are wonderful events that are going to be remembered by both the bride and the groom. The theme of the wedding is one of the most important decisions that the bride and groom are going to decide on. To tie the theme of the wedding together, you can have the mothers of the bride and groom and the other wedding sponsors wear corsages. You do not have to purchase these corsages. You can make them on your own.
Here are the simple steps on how you can make your own corsages for the mother of the bride and groom:
- Materials. Purchase the materials that you will need for making the corsage. You will need flowers of your choice, some greens, baby’s breath, florist wires, glue gun, scissors, ribbons and floral pins. You can purchase these from your local florist. You may also use artificial flowers if your wish.
- Arranging the flowers. Arrange the flowers first before you tie them together. The number of the flowers that you will use for each corsage depends on the size of the flower that you are going to use. See which flower arrangement works best with the corsage. Add greens in between flowers and also some baby’s breath. This will make your corsage look more professional.
- Making the corsage. When you have the arrangement for your corsage, the next step is to pin the flowers together. Wrap the stems of the flower with the wire or with floral tape. This will keep the flowers held together. You may need to use some floral pins to keep some of the flowers and leaves in place. Make sure that they are secure. You can also use glue gun for more security and so that you won’t hurt yourself with the floral pins.
- Decorate the corsage. To cover the part of the stem with the wire, all you have to do is to wrap a ribbon around it. Choose a ribbon color that is close to the color of the flowers that you are going to use. Do not choose a ribbon with a width that is too large as this might overpower the flowers on the corsage.
- Reminders. When making the corsage, remember to limit the use of the wire so that the corsage won’t be too heavy for the wearer. If you are going to use fresh flowers, you can prepare the corsages one or two days in advance and keep it refrigerated so that the flowers are still fresh during the ceremony.
These are the steps on how you can make your own corsages for the mothers of the bride and groom. These corsages are not only for weddings. You can also use them for parties that you are going to attend. By making your own corsages, you won’t have a hard time looking for one that matches your dress. You can also control the amount of flowers and get the arrangement that you want.