One of the ubiquitous party materials that you need for children’s parties is the paper cone hat. The paper cone hat is not just cute, but also puts the children in a celebratory mood. In fact, you can even make paper cone hats for your own birthday parties, no matter what your age. As long as you and your friends and family can appreciate a good paper hat, there is no reason why you should not use them. Here’s how you can make the cone hats.
- Sketch. First of all, you need to create a sketch of the cone hat outline on the material that you are using. Because the cone hat should be able to stand out by itself, you should use a hard sheet of paper, such as cardboard. The cardboard should be approximately 13 inches long and 18 inches tall, for each hat. Create a simple triangle on the sheet of cardboard, making sure that the height as at around a foot, while the width should be around 18 inches long. Next, add a downward curve on the bottom line of the triangle, so that the figure will form a cone after you have cut it out.
- Cut. After making the sketch, take your scissors and use it to gently cut the figure out from the sheet of cardboard.
- Decorate. After cutting out the figure, you can begin to decorate the cardboard hat. If you are making the cardboard hats for your children, you should ask them to help decorate the cardboard cone hats. Simple prepare acrylic paint in various colors, and some paint brushes. Or, if you don’t want too much mess from fresh, liquid paint, you can also use coloring pencils or crayons. These are easy to use for children, and are far less messy because these do not spill. You should also have some other trinkets that they can attach to the cone hats, such as stickers, or even little beads that they can glue onto the hats.
- Glue. After decorating the cone hats, allow the hats to dry in a warm place, preferably near the window where the sunlight and the wind can help to quickly dry out the glue and the paint that you have used on the cone hats. Afterwards, use some glue or a stapler to connect the two edges of the cone hat. This way, you will be able to create a cone from the sheet of cardboard paper.
- Cord. Now the cone hat already resembles the finished product. The only other thing that you need to do is to cut two small holes on opposite sides of the cone hat opening. Put a rubber string on both ends, so that when the children use the cone hats, the hats will not fall off – even if the children are running or playing around the house.
With these steps, you should be able to create your very own paper cone
hats. The procedure is simple, and you will be able to save up on much
money by making your own hats instead of buying them from the grocery