Kissing is part of any close relationship with a boyfriend so you may feel like you should be getting kissed more often than you are. If you are close enough to call the guy your boyfriend, you probably feel you should be getting kissed. If this is the case, you can try to make your boyfriend kiss you. Start by following these tips and he should get the idea that you want his lips to meet yours.
- Offer kissable lips. Make your mouth attractive by keeping up your oral hygiene. Brush your teeth and floss regularly. Chew some minty gum after a spicy meal before moving close for a kiss. Take care of your lips themselves by keeping them hydrated and soft using lip balm.
- Identify what kind of kiss you are looking for. Is this the first kiss between you? If so, he may not realize that you’ve moved from the hand holding stage to the kissing stage. First kisses also come in different varieties so you should know if you are looking for a peck or if tongue should be involved. If you are used to regular make-out sessions but your guy has been avoiding the kisses lately, there may be another issue. If this is the case, you may have to be more overt in the next steps.
- Let him know you are interested. Your boyfriend may not be getting your signals and he cannot read your mind. If you want him to kiss him, let him know. This doesn’t mean you have to come right out and say “Kiss me now.” Instead, make subtle gestures by holding his hand and leaning in close.
- Draw his attention to your mouth. Touch your lips in passing or lick them delicately with your tongue. This is not a full-on sexual invitation but a hint so be graceful and don’t overdo the invitation. Your goal is to get his eyes focused on your mouth which should get him thinking about kissing.
- Consider making the first move. Some guys need a little help knowing when to make a move. If you have offered the hints and noticed that your boyfriend is definitely interested and looking your way, he may just need a nudge. Give him one by offering a peck the next time you are close. He may just take the next step further and make your day.
You cannot force anyone to kiss you without causing seriously awkward moments. But give your boyfriend some hints and let him know what you are looking for. He may just take the initiative and should be kissing you in no time.