A bridal shower is an event held before a wedding. To celebrate the bride's wedding; friends gather and give her gifts. It is a special moment for all brides. This practice has deep roots, originating from the dowry system. Today, it is used to celebrate the last few days of singlehood a woman has before getting married. If you are planning to have a bridal shower, then you should think about what you will give as bridal shower favors. It is customary for the bride to give her friends something to remember the special event. It can be quite difficult to choose the appropriate bridal shower favor. However, with a few simple tips, you can pick the best ones for your friends.
Here are a few simple tips on how to select bridal shower favors:
- Know your guests. Before you select your bridal shower favors, make sure that you know your guests very well. You want to give your guests a personal gift, which they will cherish. Most probably, those who attend your bridal party are your friends. More or less, this gives you an advantage because you will know their preferences and interests.
- Select girly bridal shower favors. Feminine products are always a hit at bridal showers, because the group is composed of females. Males are not usually allowed to go to bridal showers. This is why it would be a good idea to give favors such as lip gloss, small colognes, nail polish, eye shadow or any other makeup. You can easily get these products in bulk. Small sample-sized make up pieces are best. You can make small "glamour bags" for your friends filled with their makeup essentials.
- Make something special for your guests. A good idea would be to make a photo compilation in a small photo album to give away as presents. You can also place autograph books on every table, and have each of your guests sign them. A CD or video compilation is also popular among these parties. They will help relive the memories of the night together.
- Try adult bridal shower favors. Everyone wants to have a little fun in bridal showers. To give a fun new twist on your bridal shower favors, why not give away some racy lingerie to your guests? This is not inappropriate for bridal showers; as usual gifts for the bride include lingerie as well. Something as simple as a sexy garter will help remind your friends of the fun night you had together.
- Keep it simple. If you are trying to save up on money, something as simple as personalized mugs can serve as great bridal shower favors. They are inexpensive, yet not impersonal. Another good idea would be to give each of your guests picture frames with your favorite photo together. This is a personalized yet inexpensive gift for your guests.
Selecting your bridal shower favors shouldn't be as hard as planning your wedding. Follow these simple steps to help you get the best favors for your guests.