The visual grandeur of the Indian culture is mesmerizing and splendid. It captures a style that takes you to a world with myriad colors and designs. The lines of simplicity are mixed with gems of magnificence. It is truly a marriage of the plain and the extravagant.
Presently, more couples are arranging for an Indian-inspired wedding. Full of vibrant colors matched with exotic tastes and smells. The preparations are complete, the wedding itself well-planned and the guests have been invited. The only problem is picking out Indian wedding favors. Below are pointers on what to consider when shopping for Indian favors.
- Select usable things. No matter what wedding you are planning and preparing, it is advisable that the wedding favors are usable on their own. Something that could be kept - a memento and a usable object. In an Indian wedding, you have to look at the Indian culture to draw inspiration on the favor to be used. You can purchase small boxes, pouches, vases or wall hangings with Indian art. These can adorn rooms or sections of the house.
- Pattern and choose according to the wedding theme. Indian weddings nowadays do not only reflect strict Indian themes in all aspects of the wedding. Others would want to sprinkle individuality to their wedding affair, as well as complementing other factors such as their location. Indian wedding favors are designed to remind the guests not only of the ceremony they have attended, but the people behind it as well. Choose the wedding favor that will first and foremost reflect the newlywed’s uniqueness and individuality.
- Reflect the Indian religion. The solemnity or holiness found within the Indian culture is obvious. Culture, art and way of living, reflect the religious belief of the Indian people. Religious icons maybe given as wedding favors – reminder of the wedding and reflective of its solemnity and importance.
- No cheap and disposable wedding favors. Selecting items that are cheap or can be used up or thrown away is very insulting for the Indian culture. Stay within the beliefs of gift giving of the Indian culture. They believe that giving gifts which are cheap and disposable are insults and should not be done. It is not acceptable and much frowned upon.
- Gifts that educate. Giving away gifts, which explain the Indian tradition and culture of marriage, is another great gift idea that could be used. The gift could be a small book, scroll or wall hanging, which describes the Indian way of marriage. You can also give away CDs or DVDs that educate on the Indian culture. There are many CDs or DVDs that cover every aspect of life in India. These gifts will make your guests understand why you choose such a wedding and appreciate it more.
- Where to purchase. Purchasing Indian wedding favors online is a good idea. It allows you to select from dozens of websites and hundreds of choices. Just allow for a period of delivery. Some wedding boutiques offer Indian inspired wedding favors and can help with suggestions and customizations. Also visit Indian stores for items or ideas on wedding favors.
There are lots of ideas on which items to get as wedding favors. However, it is a preference of the wedding planner and the couple to select the appropriate Indian wedding favors.
- Pick out the projection design. The first thing to consider is the design of the projection. The most popular design and bestseller is a projection of stars. Children find it amusing to watch a projection of stars on the ceiling (most times the projection is moving in a circular motion). Consider if the child will appreciate the projection. Check if the child will use the toy often. Also, there are some toys which projects more than one image or scene. If it is within budget, this is a good item to purchase.
- Toys that double as projectors. The toy aspect of the projection should be considered. Find out if the child is interested with the toy because of its design. This helps the child discover the projector aspect and helps him/her appreciate it. Some projectors come as balls or dolls. This can be very interesting for the child.
- Select the child’s favorite. Projector toys come in many shapes, sizes and designs. Usually these toys come in the form of characters or are designed with popular children’s brand. Try to find one that your child likes. Look for one that they can appreciate and might want to play with all the time.
- Selecting with the room design as consideration. Some projector toys are suitable for a nursery or a children’s room design. You might want to select one that will fit into the room. A room with an animal design might look better with toys that come in the form of animals. An animal projector toy will fit in absolutely.
- Check online for suggested toys. You can also check some online stores for bestselling projector toys. Some toy stores online may also have customization options. You can have it colored or designed according to your preference. Also, sites will have accompanying information regarding the toy. Make sure to read the descriptions and view multiple pictures of the toy.
- Check warranty and safety of product. Be sure that you are happy with warranty of the toy. Because the toy is electronic, some companies will include warranties for their projector toy. Try to purchase one that has it. Also, consider the safety of the product. The suggested age usage should be minded as some toys might have sharp edges or is not child friendly.
- Check product reviews. You should be able to shop wisely for your infant. Do not rely or limit your choice as to what design or brand to select. Rather have a more opened eyed on consumer’s feedback about the type of infant projection toys currently on the market. This will give you an informed decision and a wiser purchase.