It can be nerve-wracking trying to determine whether a guy finds you attractive. If a guy is attracted to you, he will likely exhibit several common behaviors. Pay attention to his body language if you want to learn what he’s thinking. If you want to tell if he is attracted to you, look for these signs:
- Staring. If you catch a guy staring at you, it’s a sure sign that he is attracted to you. Guys are visual creatures, and he just can’t help himself.
- Compliments. If a guy is attracted to you, he may offer you compliments. Then again, he may be too shy to approach you. Compliments are a sure sign that he finds you attractive, but if he does not compliment you, do not take it the wrong way.
- Eye contact. Guys who are attracted to you will prolong eye contact. He should also listen intently while you are talking; both are a sure sign that he is attracted to you.
- Getting your attention. This can encompass a range of behaviors from a loud and obnoxious display to a subtle move to get your attention. Exaggerated movements while near you suggest that he is trying to attract your attention. If he is always the one to make contact with you, instead of the other way around, it is a sign that he’d like to get to know you better.
- Grooming. Do you notice him smoothing his hair, straightening his tie, or otherwise grooming himself to look nice when around you? Standing up straight and slightly flexing his muscles are other signs that he would like to attract you.
- Nervous gestures. Guys get nervous around the girls they are attracted to, just like girls get nervous around guys. Nervous gestures include looking at the ground, fidgeting, or touching his face. They are often interpreted as disinterest, but are really a sign that the guy is nervous around girls he is attracted to.
- Touching you. Brief touches, calculated to appear accidental, are a sign that he would like to get close to you. For example, his fingers may brush up against yours, or he may touch your arm gently to get your attention.
Dating is complicated, and it can feel overwhelming to try to determine if a guy you like is attracted to you. If you’re not sure, look for these signs of mutual attraction before pursuing a relationship or getting to know him better. When a guy is attracted to you, it usually shows through his body language, but you may not even notice if you don’t know what to look for.