Marriage is the most sacred of bonds that a couple will encounter in their life but as problems unveil themselves, the bond becomes irrelevant. A spouse may find problems that his partners cannot reveal before the marriage encounter. May the problem be personal, physical, or sexual; there are ways to make the relationship successful. One way of making a relationship work is by looking for help.
So, what exactly are the resources that couples can tap on when in need of marriage help?
- The parents. The most significant model of a couple’s relationship is the one closest to them and these are the parents. Regardless of the situation that the parents are in right now, the younger couple can base their relationship on their parents. Even if their models are separated, their experience will tell them the situations that they need to avoid. Besides that, the parents can offer free advices based on actual experiences.
- Religious authorities. A priest or a rabbi that is close to the couple always has the right thing to say about marriage. Sometimes, they might be to idealistic or out of touch with reality, but their ideas about marriage relationship have been tested to work for other marriages for generations. In addition, if you plan to keep these problems private, you have a great chance of keeping it that way with this group of people.
- Marriage counselors. These professionals may be a stranger to the two of you, but they know many things about marriage and how they are made to work. Problems ranging from marriage infidelity to sexless marriage can be discussed with this individual, which can serve as a neutral person that will see the couple’s point of view. The process that happens in a session with a counselor is systematically designed to let both sides of the story to be heard. After the stories have been heard, the counselor will provide an outline of the stories that have been expressed. Then suggestions or possible causes of the problem will be obtained with the couple’s cooperation. A couple of sessions per week usually results to a calmer or better relationship. They can contact them through a personal phone line or a hotline.
- Reconstructive surgeons. As shallow as it might seem, a physical feature can ruin marriages. If a woman needs more from her man, then that man can have surgery done to him to increase his manliness. Technological advancements have made elective surgeries far safer and better than its earlier years.
- Group counseling. This works well for couples that don’t mind telling their most intimate secrets and problems to a crowd. It is comprised of a group of married couples, moderated by an expert psychiatrist or counselor. With this method, a couple can present their problems to the rest of the group and listen to what they have to say. The most significant function of this type of resource is that it provides an outlet for the couple and the feedbacks have been tested by experience.
- Other sources. The Internet has many sites that provide blogs and tips for couples to use. It usually provides the most convenient means to discovering new ideas on how to make a marriage work.
Marriage troubles are as common as grass in a park. And when these problems are dealt with in the right way, like seeking marriage help, it can be worked out to make it a healthy marriage.