Are you single and feel you lack something in your life? Being single may allow you to enjoy life without having to constantly consult a partner whether he approves of it or not. But sometimes, we long to have someone to join us in our adventures. Sometimes, we want to meet someone new either for a serious relationship, companionship or friendship. The Internet is easily able to help you with that aspect! In fact, the Internet is known to connect everyone together. Dating sites are increasing in number as more people want to broaden their social network.
There are various dating sites on the Internet in many forms. They can be singles sites or personals sites where you can post your profiles. Sites can also come in the form of matchmaking sites where the sites have a robot that will collect profiles for you based on a computer analysis of your profile compared to other members' to calculate the possibility of compatibility. There are even Christian dating sites for Christians. Some sites may be localized such us those catering to the Canadian market only or the Asian networks.
Here are some of the top 10 dating sites that you can visit:
- Yahoo! Personals. Made from the world's most popular search engine, Yahoo! Personals is one of the best dating sites with more than 10 million active members and an advanced search feature that you can use to easily find the profiles you seek. It has a free 7-day trial period to test if you like the site and its services. Although Yahoo! Personals is a popular dating site, there is no chat room or forums on the site.
- Match.com. Considered one of the longest dating sites in the Internet, Match.com currently has over 25 million active members. Statistically, it has more or less equal numbers of male and female members, increasing your chances of finding a perfect match in your area. Match.com is confident that you'll get a date through the site. In fact, they give you 6 months free in membership if you had no luck finding a date in your first 6 months.
- FriendFinder.com. FriendFinder.com has over 3.5 million active participants/members. Built more than just a dating site, FriendFinder is packed with features that members enjoy such as chat rooms, blogs, forums, online magazines, etc.
- AmericanSingles.com. Another dating site packed with features, AmericanSingles have more than 7 million members not just in America and Canada but also in UK, Australia and Europe.
- eHarmony.com. Not just your ordinary dating site, eHarmony's features allow you to find your perfect match for life and not just a date.
- True.com. True.com is a unique dating site ensures the members' security and safety by doing background checks on members.
- Chemistry.com. Similar to eHarmony, Chemistry uses compatibility and matchmaking features but with enhanced personality matching based on anthropological research.
- Lavalife.com. Very popular among Canadians, LavaLife effectively categorizes members into three: people looking for casual dating, for a relationship and for intimate encounters.
- ChristianCupid.com. ChristianCupid is the place for you regardless of the type of Christian relationship you're seeking, whether for friendship, language practice, pen pals, dating/romance and even marriage.
- Date.com. A lot of dating sites wished they've got the domain name of Date.com. With over 2 million active members, Date.com was known to be responsible for 50 and more marriages in 2008.
So what are you waiting for? Log on to the Internet now and start finding your partner, companion or new friends on any of the dating sites available online.