Vera Wang's name is synonymous with style and elegance in designer fashions. She is best known for her bridal collections, but she also designs ready-to-wear women's fashion such as clothing and accessories, lingerie, shoes, eyewear, stationery, fragrances, and she even has a home collection in association with Wedgwood china.
If you're looking to buy Vera Wang clothing and accessories, there are a few things you should keep in mind:
- An original Vera Wang bridal gown ranges in price from about $2,000 to $8,000. Although many people want to own these gowns, you may need to wait for a sale or start saving your money if this is out of your budget.
- The Vera Wang flagship boutique is located in the Carlyle Hotel in New York City. If you're seriously considering purchasing a gown from this location, call ahead and make an appointment.
- Every November, the Vera Wang boutique has a "sample sale" on its wedding gowns. Here, you'll find deep discounts on bridal and bridesmaids gowns. The sale is immensely popular, with people flying in from across the country to take advantage of the deals. Arrive early and be prepared for a crowd.
- The sample sales carry one-of-a-kind Vera Wang wedding dresses and discontinued stock. Sizes and colors will be limited, and you won't be able to place custom orders.
- Vera Wang designer clothing and accessories are available at retailers such as Barney's, Neiman Marcus, Sak's Fifth Avenue, and Marshal Fields. You can also find bridal gowns, accessories, and bridesmaid's dresses at upscale bridal boutiques.
- Vera Wang home items are available at the above retailers as well, and you can open a bridal registry at these locations if you're interested in receiving items as wedding gifts.
- Sometimes you can find excellent deals on used bridal dresses and accessories. If you plan to go this route, you'll have to be sure that you're getting a Vera Wang original before parting with your hard-earned money. Each bridal gown comes with a certificate of authenticity. This is the best way to be sure that what you're buying is the real deal.
- If you're unsure about whether or not the second-hand gown you're considering is the real thing or a knock off, ask if you can take the dress (or if the seller can take the dress) to a certified Vera Wang dealer. They will be able to confirm if the dress is an original or not. If the seller has nothing to hide, they won't mind taking this extra step to complete the sale.
- To find a Vera Wang dealer in your area, you can check out the store locater at the official Vera Wang website.
Many celebrities, from Jennifer Lopez to Sharon Stone, have worn Vera Wang dresses for their weddings. You're sure to feel like a star yourself in one of her gowns!