Lipstick is composed of pigments for color and oils for moisture. Wax gives lipstick its shape. The amount of these ingredients determines how the lipstick feels and looks on your lips. Crème lipsticks contain more oil, which makes them lighter. They are also called moisturizing lipstick, hydrating lipstick, and lip rouge. They look dewy and luscious on lips and feel very smooth. Here are a few things to keep in mind as you choose a creme lipstick lip gloss:
- Dark skin tones should wear dark reds and browns, brown-reds for olive skin and pinks for lighter skin tones.
- Choose a color that complements the natural shade of your lips and skin.
- Apply crème lipstick with a lip brush for an even coat.
- Outline lips with a lip pencil to prevent fading and feathering. Feathering happens when lipstick bleeds into the fine lines around the mouth.
- Since crème lipsticks contain more oils, they do not last as long. Be sure to reapply as needed. Crème lip gloss, however, lasts a bit longer. Apply over regular lipstick for a lasting effect.
- Women over 50 usually look better with crème lipsticks instead of matte or gloss. As we age, our skin loses some of its radiance and wearing creme lipstick brings the face back to life and gives lips a glow.
- Crème lipsticks should be worn in the daytime because they create a light, everyday look. Use other crème makeup with crème lipstick to balance texture.
- Wear crème lipsticks during the winter months. Gloss and shimmers work better in summer.
- Don't be afraid to blend colors together for an interesting effect.
- Your lipstick should always contain sunscreen, usually SPF 15, to protect lips from drying out and becoming chapped.
- Remove lipstick from clothes by applying glycerin to the spot, rub lightly, and then wash as usual. Glycerin is a type of soap that can be found in many stores like Bath and Body Works or The Body Shop.
- Go to a cosmetic shop and let them assist you in picking out the perfect shade.
- Pick a crème lipstick with vitamin E. It will moisturize lips, and along with sunscreen, protect from sun damage.
- Hair color can also play a role in your choice of lip color. Blondes should try coral or peach. Cinnamon and peachy brown colors work well with redheads. For brunettes, terra cotta and red-brown are good choices.
- Most lip colors today come with a matching nail polish. For crème lipsticks, try a shiny nail color in the same family.
- Test lip color on your fingertip. Believe it or not, your fingertips are a very close match to your lip shade.
Lipstick is the most popular beauty product in the world. Crème lipstick is a very good choice for women who don't wear a lot of makeup. You can keep the rest of your other makeup light. To take crème lipstick into the evening, apply a gloss over it. Have a couple of different shades to wear depending on your mood.