"I have green eyes. What colors should I use to bring them out?" "My eyes are green, so I was wondering what the right makeup color is for me?" Sound familiar? If so, grab a cup of coffee, pull up a seat and get ready, because I am about to teach you how to choose the right makeup for green eyes. Read on to discover the right makeup colors as well as techniques to enhance the beauty of your own green eyes.
- A wonderful way to bring out those stunning green eyes is with the right application, using eye shadow. You'll find that warm colors like deep purples, plums, mauves, lilacs, golds, bronzes, deep greens, coppers, browns, medium pinks, peaches, and apricots are all excellent choices for green eyes.
- One of my favorite eye makeup tips is not what you should use, but rather what you should not use. You should avoid cool colors like blues, silvers, whites and pastels since they can give you a washed-out look. This tip has held true for many green-eyed ladies who have mastered how to apply eye makeup.
- Another thing you might want to consider when choosing the right makeup for your green eyes is the color of your eyeliner. Black eyeliner tends to be harsh and it's probably best to avoid it. Try browns instead, and for special occasions, golds or bronzes.
- Remember, when applying makeup, you should also take into consideration your blush and lipstick colors because making your face and eyes look their best is not just about eye makeup techniques. For blushes, brown, rose and peach and apricot are all good color choices. Try brown, rose, mauve, plum and burgundy colors for lipsticks.
- If you would like to take choosing the right makeup for green eyes one step further, here are more makeup techniques and ideas. Your skin tone can also make a difference in the colors you choose. Dark skin tones with green eyes look best in colors such as mauve, bronze and medium purple. Medium skin tones with green eyes look best in colors like mauves, medium purples, and brownish pinks. For pale skin tones with green eyes, try colors like medium pinkish brown and medium purple.
- Applying eye makeup can be a bit tricky, so here are a few things you might want to keep in mind when applying eye shadows: use lighter colors like peach, taupe or apricot to highlight the brow bone. Try darker shades like earthy brown, deep purple or green for the crease and medium shades such as pinkish brown, mauve or lilac for the eyelid.
Isn't it rewarding to find these free tips without spending time and money at a cosmetics counter? Since you are trying this on your own, it is important to also keep in mind that not everyone has the same shade of green eyes, so the eye makeup tricks won't be for everyone; while some of the colors suggestions above might work for you, others might not. It's always a good idea to experiment with colors since it allows you to find the right shades that will work for you. Remember bringing attention to your green eyes will take a little practice, but with the right eye makeup, the results will be simply stunning.