We see beautiful pouty lips on famous faces and find ourselves wanting those same lips for our very own. Lip enhancement, also referred to as lip augmentation, is generally a cosmetic surgery that allows us to achieve that pouty lip we desire. For this particular operation, patients are injected or implanted with their choice of filler to make the lips plump. The lips are usually swollen for several days after the procedure and sometimes a follow-up procedure is needed to complete the new lips.
With all the options available for lip enhancement, sometimes we'd like a little more information to help us decide which alternative is right for us. Here are some tips on how to learn more about lip enhancement and lip augmentation:
- LipAugmentation.com is one of the most comprehensive websites available for lip enhancement on the web. The site gives us a detailed understanding about our lips and lip augmentation, other options for pouty lips, finding a plastic surgeon, what to expect during the procedure and recovery and more. There is even a chat room where you can discuss lip augmentation with others as well as patients' journals for those who have already gone through or are currently going through the surgery.
- Surgery.org is the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. Here you can find information on how to find a surgeon as well as what to expect during the lip augmentation procedure, a gallery of before and after photos from the surgery, injection techniques and what risks you need to know about the surgery. You can even ask a surgeon from the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery any concerns you may have.
- SmartPlasticSurgery.com is another website that offers before and after photos of lip augmentation as well as what to expect during an initial consultation, how to prepare before surgery, estimated costs for lip augmentation, and risks and complications associated with the procedure.
- Cosmetics.Suite101.com/blog.cfm/79 takes you on the right track to achieving pouty lips without the need for surgery with step-by-step instructions on how to get that pouty look.
- R-go.ca/redlip.htm provides tips on how to achieve those red pouty lips with simple cosmetics you may very well already have in your home.
- Make-up.Lifetips.com/cat/59285/lipstick-lip-liners/index.html shares tips from other readers for full pouty lips. Here you can also leave your own comments for those readers and vote for the best tip if you'd like.
- Another less expensive and less painful way to achieve pouty lips is to try a lip-enhancing balm or similar product available on the market. These manufactured products typically contain ingredients like cayenne pepper and cinnamon that are meant to irritate the lips to help create a sexy look without the costly surgery.