You can design and create your own temporary tattoo if you do not want a permanent one. You can use your temporary tattoo for parties, shows or even just for fun. There are temporary tattoo kits that are available on the market.
If you do not want to spend money for your temporary tattoo, you can also create and print your own design. Once you've completed this design, if you'd like to learn more about creating designs for all occasions, you might want to take online art classes.
Here are the steps on how to create your own temporary tattoo:
- Materials. The first thing you have to do is to collect the materials that you will need to design your own tattoo. You will need waterslide tattoo paper and a color laser printer. You can also use an ink jet printer. These are the basic materials you need to make your temporary tattoo. If you are going to create the image by yourself, you can use a computer software. You can also get images from the Internet.
- Designing your tattoo. You can use software like Adobe Photoshop or if you want a simpler program, you can use Microsoft Paint. If you are going to get an image from the Internet, place the image on a Microsoft Word document so that you can print it out. You can create a lot of designs for your fake tattoos. Once you have already picked out your designs and placed them in a document, you will have to rotate the images so that your custom tattoo will be placed on you in the correct position. You can do this for designs that have words too.
- Printing. Before you print on the waterslide tattoo paper, you must first do a test print on white paper. You have to do this so that you can check if the dimensions of the tattoo are what you want. If you are happy with it, you can then print on the waterslide tattoo paper. Wait for the ink to dry completely before you apply it on your skin.
- Application. Peel the plastic side of the waterslide tattoo paper and gently place the temporary tattoo on your skin. Be sure that you apply the whole image smoothly to your skin. Rub the image on your skin to ensure that it sticks. Use a wet towel and rub it carefully over the waterslide tattoo paper. Hold the paper in place until you can slide the paper off. You have to check first if the tattoo has already transferred to your skin. Remove the paper once the tattoo has been transferred.
- Removal. Remove your temporary tattoo by washing it with soap and water. You can create a lot of different tattoos, such as armband tattoos, fairy tattoos or tribal tattoos.
These are the steps that you have to follow to design and create your own temporary tattoo without buying a tattoo kit. This is a great activity to do with your friends at slumber parties. You can also create these temporary tattoos and have them as souvenirs for birthday parties and other special events for kids. If you want to take your new skills even further, consider signing up for art classes online!