A real tattoo sleeve is a large tattoo or a collection of tattoos that covers the skin of the arm like a sleeve of a jacket. A fake tattoo sleeve is an actual sleeve that you wear on your arms to make it seem like you have a tattoo. Here is how and why to get them:
- A real tattoo sleeve hurts a lot because in order to make one, the needle must prick the skin to apply the ink for the tattoo. If you have a low tolerance for pain but like the look of a real tattoo, you could get a fake tattoo sleeve pain-free.
- A real tattoo sleeve can make you sick because there is a chance that the needles and equipment are unsanitary. Illnesses such as Hepatitis-B and the HIV virus can be acquired by getting a tattoo from unclean and contaminated materials. Because of this, wearing a fake tattoo sleeve is much, much safer than wearing a real one. Also, you could always remove and clean a fake tattoo sleeve when it becomes dirty.
- If you are allergic to tattoo ink, your skin will scar and it will ruin the look of the tattoo. To prevent this from happening, you could wear fake tattoo sleeves instead. You could also get a new one if you want to try on a different design.
- If you are going to an event where you will be scrutinized for your appearance such as a job interview, a meeting with your fiancé's parents or talking with your kid's teachers, consider that wearing a tattoo sleeve may leave a bad impression. You may also find that certain tattoos don't look well as you grow older, or you may find that you no longer like the tattoo you got when you were a teenager. However, you can experience the joys of wearing a tattoo whenever you want and the freedom of removing it at will by choosing fake tattoo sleeves. You would also avoid the pain, hassle and cost of having it removed.
- Fake tattoo sleeves are made of tight and stretchy material such as nylon, which has the same color as your skin tone in order to make the tattoos look like they were printed directly on your skin. These may be attached to a top or a shirt, but they may also function like panty hose where you wear them by themselves and not attached to other pieces of clothing. This way, you could use them with anything.
- The problem with fake tattoo sleeves is that sometimes the color of the sleeve doesn't exactly match your skin color and that the edges may sometimes show up. The best way to deal with this is to choose the color, which is the closest to your actual skin tone and cover up the edges with bracelets or other clothing.
- You could buy fake tattoo sleeves by searching tattoo websites, browsing online stores, looking at catalogues, going to your costume or dress shop or even trying out tattoo shops and seeing whether they have fake tattoo sleeves available.
Getting fake tattoo sleeves are more practical and convenient than getting a real tattoo. So, what is better, fake or real? It depends on the wearer.