If you have a daughter, then you know firsthand how pricey it can be to purchase matching hair bows for each and every outfit that your daughter owns. Stop throwing your money away on something that you can make at home for very little money and just a little bit of spare time.
The first thing that you will need to decide on is the style of hair bows you want to make. There are many different styles available: flower loop bows, korker bows, loopy bows, ribbon covered snap on clips and so on. Once you've decided on the style of hair bow that you want to make, search online for easy-to-do instructions. For example you can type in "How to make ribbon covered snap clips" and you will find step by step instructions. Be sure that you have chosen a pattern which is within your level of experience. The last thing that you want to do is end up frustrated for hours, trying to figure out how to make an advanced style hair bow.
To make one of the easiest hair bows, you'll need a glue gun, ribbon, scissors, alligator clip and a button or something to use as a centerpiece.
- The first step is to cut your ribbon to the desired length. Remember, it's okay if the ribbon is too long. You can cut off the ends to make it shorter once you are done.
- Next, you'll need to make a single large loop. Push the center of the loop down to the center; now you have two long ends.
- Fold over one long end and hold in place with your finger then fold over the other long end.
- Now that you have your bow completed, you'll need to grab the alligator clip. Clip the alligator clip to the center, which will hold the ribbon and ends in place. Grab another shorter piece of ribbon and tie it around the middle of the alligator clip.
- Now it's time to put the finishing touches on your hair bow. Grab the button that you decided to use as your center piece and glue it on the center of the ribbon with the hot glue gun. Now you have a pretty hair bow that was simple to make!
Making hair bows is a rewarding and fun experience. Not only will it save you money, but it's something that you can sit and teach your daughter to do.