Prom is here and you are all ready for that special day except for just one final thing: what do you do with your hair? There are so many ideas to choose from; how do you know which one works best for you and your hair type? Are you hoping for an elegant style or more of a sassy or wild look? Let's take a look at a few great options that can complete your prom look.
One of the most popular styles is the sophisticated up-do. It is elegant and beautiful and looks terrific with almost any dress style. This do can easily be done at home with just a few simple steps:
- Be sure to shampoo and condition your hair and blow dry it.
- Once your hair is completely dry, use a spritz of hairspray or apply holding lotion to strands of hair and roll the strands on large hot rollers.
- Once the hot curlers cool, gently take your hair down and keep chunked strands together and gently pull hair back into a loose ponytail.
- Then, gently take chunked pieces of hair and use bobby pins or clips to pin the hair to the crown of your head, alternating sides for a unique look.
- If you want bangs, you can part your hair to the side and leave slight strands down to accent your face.
- Finish off the style with a generous application of hair spray and even a spritz or two of body glitter to complete that elegant look.
Another popular style is the Simple Chignon. This is a soft bun with an elegant flair, and is preferred by many with medium to long hair. It also works wonderfully for those with lots of curls.
- First, you will want to part your hair with either a side or center part (whichever you prefer).
- Then, pull your hair back into a low ponytail no higher than the base of your neck.
- Twist the ponytail and wrap the hair around the top of the ponytail. Secure tightly with a ponytail holder or small scrunchie.
- To complete this look, secure all loose hairs with bobby pins and spritz with hair spray for a secure hold.
Some simpler looks would be to simply straighten your hair and use a shining lotion for a glamorous look or use spiral curlers or a curling iron to make soft curls for a simple yet elegant look.
No matter what style you choose, you are sure to look beautiful on your very special prom day!