Fashion Week serves as the compass of the fashion industry, telling models, designers and spectators the direction of the fashion world for the next few seasons or so. That is the reason why many people make it a point to tune in to fashion week every year. Many designers get brilliant inspiration from seasoned veterans, while spectators are awed by flawless designs that grace the catwalk. If you want the look and feel of the fashion that made it into this most glamorous week, here are a few tips:
- Watch Fashion Week highlights on TV. Entertainment and gossip shows often feature celebrities who attend fashion weeks around the world. More often than not, they also feature the designers’ dresses and creations that took center stage in every show. Tune in to the Fashion TV channel to get an idea of the styles presented during fashion week.
- Read Fashion Mags. Fashion magazines often collate photos during recent fashion weeks, giving you an idea of the latest trends and even an opportunity to compare styles by different designers. Grab a fashion mag or two and head on over to the store to see if you can grab a few of the clothes modeled in these magazines.
- View Fashion Week photos over the Internet. The Internet is a treasure trove of information, and its vast resources don't forget to include the highlights of Fashion Week for all fashion enthusiasts. Try to log on to style websites such as style.uk.msn.com or nymag.com/fashion to get your fix of fashion week styles, which you can compare and admire.
- Drop by the designers’ shops. Designers are always proud of their work and wouldn’t hesitate displaying their latest collection beneath that glass panel in front of their stores. Pass by these designers’ shops to see what they have to offer, because, most especially in months when Fashion Week is held, these are the trending styles that have graced the catwalk.
- Get that look cheap! Of course, all that glam and fab doesn’t come cheap, especially because these clothes have designer labels. But a quick way around it is scrutinizing your chosen style and buying them by piece. Get the scarf from a department store, then the top at a thrift shop. It may not be the real thing, but so long as you get close to it, you can definitely pull it off! Who says style has to cost you an arm and a leg? Most fashion experts out there would tell you that it’s not about the brand or the designer—it’s all about the right attitude.
Still, the ultimate way of getting styles from Fashion Week is attending the event itself. You can do this if you’re a journalist, a model, or a volunteer. Or, if you have the money to pay for it, you can buy bundled packs offered by hotels and credit card companies that come with fashion week tickets.