The who's who in the fashion industry is there, and you want to be, too. The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show is one of the most anticipated fashion events of the year. Usually during November or December, your attendance in this high-profile fashion event will not only make your fashion sense up-to-date with the latest fashion trends, but it can open new doors for you in the style and design industry-aside from the fact, of course, that you'd be the envy of your friends.
As with most runway shows and events, attendance is usually by invitation only, but don't be discouraged. If you don't have the ‘Golden Ticket' just yet, do any of the following to get yourself invited to see the fashion runway with your own eyes.
How to go to the next Victoria's Secret Fashion Show:
- The easy, but can be expensive way, is to check websites, or eBay for tickets for sale. While this may be a huge price tag, you can be assured of a seat, and just lay back and be the fashionista that you are.
- If you want some action during the show, you can volunteer for the show. Ask the organizer way before the scheduled show. The planning for these events begins a year in advance. Of course, a lot of other people are pitching for this gig.
- Still dependent on your own effort, join contests that can get you a ticket to the show. These contests are found online, or on selected radio stations.
- It's not what you know - it's who you know. In the fashion industry, name-dropping is needed most of the time, inevitable, and well, fashionable. If you have a job at one of the fashion magazines, you just might get yourself an invite if you know who you need to know in the fashion industry. If you work for VS, or if you know someone who has a job there, chances are these people will have the invite to get in. It's good to have friends in high places, of course.
- If you're in the media, covering the event can of course get you in. If you are involved in newspapers, magazines, or TV, that could get you into the event. Be the hardworking reporter that you are and get yourself invited.
- Now, still with the help of your friends, go to clubs or parties where other VS events are held. This can get you in the VS loop and if you look fabulous enough, they might want to see you again at their other events.
- If it's the VS Fashion Show you're after, then of course you must love VS. And if you love VS, your favorite store and salesperson must associate you by now with VS. Often, these stores have invites that they can offer to their most-loved VS customer - and it could be you who gets to see the next fashion show collection.
The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show is a high-profile fashion event for a fashionista not to miss. So if you live, breathe, and sleep VS fashion, then you must say yes to at least one of the items listed above, and you might just get lucky and get yourself invited to the next VS event. It goes without saying that you'll have fun!